Amazon Shipping???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ede, Nov 17, 2019.

1. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

I receive almost all of my Amazon orders next day. Very convenient.

2. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Around here, in addition to USPS, UPS and FedEx deliveries, we get a lot of independent contractors delivering for Amazon. Some have nice vans, some are just using the family car.

As long as the package gets here when it is expected, I don't care how they haul it.

OTOH, for non-Amazon orders, if given a choice, I always pick Priority Mail. It is blazing fast! Precision Delta shipped me some bullets on Thursday from their shop in Mississippi and they arrived mid-morning Saturday in California.

NJ1911 and wyntrout like this.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I had two items arrive at separate times on the same day, from the same Amazon van. Not too efficient or green.

4. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Only two??? lol. We've had An Amazon truck, a sub-contractors truck, and Uber..all within an hour. Their logistics leaves a lot to be desired.

FullClip likes this.
  5. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Almost everything I order from Amazon uses USPS for final delivery. It always shows up on time. Occasionally something comes UPS. I can’t remember ever getting anything from Amazon delivered by Fedex.

6. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Amazon does not give the buyer an option of what service to be used for shipping and delivery.

OV1kenobi likes this.
  7. ede

ede

Why won't they give me choice of address for same service. Getting it from box on Street is pain in the ass.

8. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Why? You would have to ask Amazon.

One thing to try if this is a continuing problem is to go to your post office and see if you can sign up for a PO Box physical street address.

For example, if a Post Office is located on 500 Main Street and you have PO Box 59, AnywhereUSA zip 12345-xxxx your mail would be addressed 500 Main Street #59, AnywhereUSA zip 12345-xxxx You will also be able to use this street address to receive most packages and deliveries through private carriers, such as UPS and FedEx.

If your post office accepts this (you may need to sign a form) then use the physical address as you mailing address for Amazon or whatever.

faceplant likes this.
  9. ede

ede

Thanks that's useful information. It's not a huge problem, happened last year with Christmas gifts now happened again. Just doesn't make sense postal service won't deliver order to a PO box but it will to street address. I don't have key to street box, have to go to PO show I live here and go back in a week to get a key. Guess I should of kept the key last year when I got it.

czsmithGT likes this.
  10. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Not sure where you're getting you info...sounds more like a theory. Very few PO's will accept/sign for pkgs from private carriers. I've run into some small town PO's that will sign...city PO's...not so much.

11. nmglock

nmglock

When it comes to my house if USPS is involved its screwed up! Other than packages I have changed as much as I can to electronic delivery

12. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

whatever you say.

13. CAMSDADDY

CAMSDADDY

j
    Around here Amazon is delivered in usps trucks. I don't know who is driving them on Sunday's. I wonder how that works with the union? I would assume they would pitch a fit.

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

Most of our Amazon Prime packages are shipped/delivered USPS now. Three to four years ago most of them were shipped/delivered UPS. Sometimes they are shipped out UPS but then are handed over to USPS for the final delivery. We received a package from UPS just a few days ago on time. I have always received the packages on time except once that I can remember and that was a UPS problem. It did arrive the next day. As long as it arrives on time, I don't care who ships it out. We have received good service from both of them. Everyone once and a while it will ship Fedex but that is rare.

czsmithGT likes this.
  15. flyover

flyover

Most of the stuff I get from Amazon comes by UPS, very little by FedEx or USPS. I am rural so I never see Saturday or Sunday deliveries.
    I order enough to get free shipping and Prime be damned.

FullClip likes this.
  16. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

USPS now has street address availability for most PO boxes.

My default address for Amazon and other purchases is now my pobox street address which allows me to receive shipments from sellers that won't ship to PO Boxes.

faceplant and czsmithGT like this.
  17. Rotn1

Rotn1

Amazon delivers
    On their own vehicles.
    Using Contractors
    Using UPS
    Using UPS / USPS combo
    Using USPS only.

They use the best service / most cost effective available with locking themselves into only one option.

Tremendous flexibility.

18. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Yes they pitch a fit but the USPS has used contractors in a lot of jobs including in some cases delivery to homes.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42549.pdf

19. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Maybe the next time you see one, ask him/her?

20. faceplant

faceplant

Not sure why you think this is a theory. It is a service offered by USPS.

ETA. USPS will not accept items that are not allowed by normal USPS delivery.

https://www.mymoneyblog.com/po-boxes-real-street-address.html

czsmithGT likes this.