Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply amazing. God Bless these men, and the Philippines.

I wonder if the US helped? I didn't see any US Forces in this video though.

What a hell of a battle. And great footage.

Kill those terrorist SCUM and send them back to Allah's Anus where they came from.

News clip from Sky News:

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys praying on rugs killing guys praying on rugs. Who are we supposed to root for? HH
.....really?

You know, Hollow, I like you, and I've known you a long time on this forum. But....that was seriously the dumbest thing I think I've seen you post here.

We all do it occasionally, but that was pretty dumb.

For those that don't know, about 85% of the Philippines is devoutly Christian.

·
AAAMAD
31,570 Posts
Guys praying on rugs killing guys praying on rugs. Who are we supposed to root for? HH

As long as the guys who are strapping bombs to kids, and trying to training to inflict terror attacks on civilians are the ones dying, I don’t care if they’re Muslims, Hindu’s, Jews, Athiests, or Democrats pulling the trigger, they’ll have my support.

FYI, I’ve deployed with Muslims who’ve fought and shed, and given blood for this country. If your deciding factor is who they pray to, you’re missing the mark this country is about.

·
Glock Fanboi
2,466 Posts
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Daaang! that some call of ditu right there! "they use civilian hostages as human shields, mostly women and children" homeboys just walked into that mosque all speedy and aggressive.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,553 Posts
Meanwhile in the US our public schools and lamestream media teach tolerance and invite people who wish us harm in. Then get mad at our elected leader when he has the good common sense to say NO!

·
Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.
1,305 Posts
Roman Catholic. It's a toss-up for me. HH
What’s NOT a toss up is the fact these are invading forces attacking peaceful Christian citizens living in the Philippines and using women and children for human shields. If you can’t figure out who’s side you should be on..... wtf?

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
.....really?

You know, Hollow, I like you, and I've known you a long time on this forum. But....that was seriously the dumbest thing I think I've seen you post here.

We all do it occasionally, but that was pretty dumb.

For those that don't know, about 85% of the Philippines is devoutly Christian.
I actually didn't know percentage of Christians was still that high there. For some reason I had it in my head Islam had made deeper inroads in recent times.

I think the part people miss regarding the Muslim faith is its attractiveness to economically underdeveloped populations. It has a very strong foundation of charity and providing for the poor. It is also a very egalitarian religion, where the Koran teaches there is basically nobody between you and Allah. The fact that some humans use these traits to evil ends doesn't dampen its appeal to the great poor masses of the world.

I am not saying there isn't going to problems with a religion whose most fundamental scriptures were written in medieval times and specifically say it is the word of God and not open for re-interpretation, but I do think broadly equating the religion with the evil that exploit it is a mistake.

·
Registered
26,836 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually didn't know percentage of Christians was still that high there. For some reason I had it in my head Islam had made deeper inroads in recent times.

I think the part people miss regarding the Muslim faith is its attractiveness to economically underdeveloped populations. It has a very strong foundation of charity and providing for the poor. It is also a very egalitarian religion, where the Koran teaches there is basically nobody between you and Allah. The fact that some humans use these traits to evil ends doesn't dampen its appeal to the great poor masses of the world.

I am not saying there isn't going to problems with a religion whose most fundamental scriptures were written in medieval times and specifically say it is the word of God and not open for re-interpretation, but I do think broadly equating the religion with the evil that exploit it is a mistake.
Well said. As long as there is extreme poverty in these types of third-world countries, then gangs and terrorist groups are always going to have a healthy batch of followers.

I mean, really.....live in terror and wonder if the rotting banana you ate that morning will keep you and your family alive.....or join a well-connected criminal enterprise and get meals, a sense of security, and respect.

That's really the only options for many of these people. While I don't in any way condone their choice, I also don't blame them for it.

And yes, that country is a very Christian nation. With the exception of Marawi, which seems to be mostly Muslims living alongside Catholics.

·
Registered
26,836 Posts
Imagine a country about the size of Arizona with a population of 100 million people.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Thanks for posting JF. The videos were well done.

My hat's off to the Philippine Military. What they faced took large amounts of intestinal fortitude. The cost of rooting out the terrorists is quite high. The cost of letting them fester would be much greater.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Imagine a country about the size of Arizona with a population of 100 million people.
.....whoa. I didn't know it was that bad.

Speaking of population numbers, I'm about to post a video in a separate thread about China, and how the population there has forced the Chinese to expand. Very interesting indeed. And the Philippines plays a role; albeit a minor one.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts