close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Amature Gardian Question???

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MarcD, Mar 8, 2005.

1. MarcD

MarcD

What is the benifit of shooting Am Guardian???? If you don't plan on coming in 1st place, you don't get JACK!!! If you shoot Am Civ, at least you have a chance at falling into the money in the B or C. I thought that the glock was supporting the people that serve and offer better odds of winning prizes to support their service members????? It just does not make any sense to me. What am I missing here?

MarcD

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Not enough competitors to make the second class breakout.

3. MarcD

MarcD

Jax - 57 people A,B,C --- one gun every 19 people
    Ohio - 30 people A,B---- one gun every 15 people
    Indy -30 people A,B---- One gun every 15 people
    Conorys GA -40 people A, B and C---- one gun every 13 people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KY -40 people A,B --- one gun every 20 people
    :soap:

What is the cut off??? I never was good at math!!!

Orlando broke a record for the amount of people signed up, Over 300 and Am Guard had 29 people and no B class. Is glock cutting the down, now each club has to buy their own targets and racks. I thought they wanted to increase membership?

I'm just wondering why I would choose to shoot in the Am Guard class in the future. In Am Civ at least a crappy shooter like me has a lottery chance at winning a gun. I guess I just gotta spend more time at the range. :)

someone enlighten me!!!!

MarcD;D

4. TooManyGlocks

TooManyGlocks Semper Fi

Go to www.gssfonline.com and check out the how the prizes are distributed in the Georgia shoot last year. I was shocked to see the shear volume of shooters and the prizes awarded.

5. Fireglock

1 in 29 still sounds like a better shot than 1 in 43 in AmCiv. Typically AmGuardian has class breakouts at 15 shooter intervals. And until this years rules are published that, along with a lot of other things, could be subject to change as well.

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Am Guardian typically awards many more prizes per division than all the others, period. If I'd have stayed in a bit longer to draw full retirement I'd shoot AG in a heartbeat along with my blue anb green-suited friends. I encourage any of my retired or active military friends to shoot AG for their first match as it always has the best potential for them winning something.

Then they're hopelessly hooked. ;f

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

They get thier own division, they dont need extra prizes because of thier jobs.

Besides Guardian should be alot easier to win overall than Amciv given the talent pool that plays there.

8. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Hey Mark, I came in second place in Am/Guardian with a very lousy score in my opinion. I enjoy the fact that the pool is not as full. I imagine with the way things are going Am/Guardian might "go away" all together if the numbers do not go up. I can see GSSF adding another guaranteed gun to Am/Civ and letting the Guardian class fade away.

We need you in Am Guardian to keep it alive!!! :)

9. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Given the current level of patriotism across much of the country, especially in the shooting fraternity, and the choice of spokesperson I wouldn't look for that anytime soon. I suspect Guardian is here for awhile.
    ;?

10. Fireglock

With all due respect, I wouldn't bet money on that.

11. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

You heard anything or is that your opinion?

12. Fireglock

Merely an educated opinion Kevin.

13. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I think it's nice that it's there and the times don't tell me that some different group of specially talented people are shooting AG.
    The reserve Soldier who just got back from OEF and spent some of his tax-free combat pay on a new Glock is likely on a different level from the 'hot-shot' at the local PD. Ask the question 'why shouldn't he/she just shoot AC?' and that's what leads me to guess that the intent of AG is something different. But it’s just that, a guess. GSSF's motives are their business; I have absolutely no ax to grind regarding a division in which I don't play. I'm just looking forward to retirement so I can also get down & shoot some warm-weather matches in y'alls neck of the woods.
    :)

14. Fireglock

I didn't say I wanted it gone. I'm saying that if entries don't pick up it's not a sacred cow and can go away. :)

15. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

One other option is to make the Am Guardian a category like the others. A "Stock Guardian" class with a simple top three winners and put everyone into the "Amature" event for the bigger payouts and divisions into classes.

I agree with Fireglock on this one. I do not want to see it go away but it is not a sacred cow. If the numbers continue to go down... :(

16. Morris

Morris CLM

Matt:

Agreed. Like to compete against my peers.

Care to explain? Those who show up and shoot are shooting on par with most of the AmCivs I see at Shelton. Love to see folks shooting movers versus statics.