close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Amateur Civilian Match 9 or .40

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by gamblers2, Mar 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. gamblers2

gamblers2

Just wondering what most people bring to shoot at the Amateur Civilian Match. I have a 23c and an older generation 17 but have been looking at purchasing a 22. Is it best to go with 9mm or .40 cal. Are there any factors that make one model of Glock better than any other. I would really appreciate any insight you might have about this.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The prime factor is which you shoot the best and feel the most comfortable with. Both 9mm and .40 will do the trick. Your 23C is not allowed in Amature unless you put a non-compensated barrel in it. You 17 will do nicely, it is probably the most popular model overall. If you look at the GSSF Winners in the threads at the top of this forum, most of the winning was done with a 17. If you shoot a .40 better then a 22 is also a very good choice.

But the main concern should be: which model and cal do I shoot the most accurately?

3. gamblers2

gamblers2

Thanks Don,

One more quick question, Can I use my 23c if it came from Glock with the 3.5 connector, ext. mag release, and ext. slide release. I already have an extra Glock 23 slide and Federal barrel for it.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The extended mag release, extended slide release and 3.5 connector are all legal IF they are Glock Parts. The Federal Barrel is NOT legal in Amateur Class, it has to be a stock Glock Barrel.

5. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

I would say that if you are going to buy a gun for GSSF - the gun to buy is a G37

at least until they change the rules and stop the G37 raffle

6. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

We all know it's the shooter not the gun don't we? :) I still like the 17, it was good to me. For grins I'm using, a 21 this year. ;f

7. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

is it the shooter

or is it the electronic earmuffs?

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I hadn't thought of that one Rusty. Naw, I won before I had the ProEars! I still think it's the gun. If it wasn't the gun we wouldn't have rules limiting what can be done to them. ;f But seriously, practice affects the results more than anything else, except maybe natural talent. Right TJC?