Am I too cynical?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MtBaldy, Apr 26, 2012.

1. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Alan Dershowitz is a far left guy. Lately he's been getting praise from some on the right for lambasting Angela Corey over her amateurish, and some say fraudulent, arrest affidavitt and grossly overcharging in the case of George Zimmerman and I agree with him on that. I still can't help but notice Angela Corey is a Republican in an elected position. So there is this niggling little doubt in my head, would Dershowitz have been so tough on her if she was a Democrat?

Somehow I doubt it.

[ame]http://youtu.be/4HNbrMOI9GY[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. silentpoet

silentpoet

Well, maybe. But if a media prostitute can get some press they will get it at whomever's expense they can.

3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Even if Alan Jerko-$#itz is right, he's wrong. A complete argumentative, arrogant toolbag. I don't care if he's left or right. Anyone stupid enough to argue there is no evil in the world :)upeyes:) and uses comparisons to "good" 33284 times in the talk needs to be beaten senseless.

AND he thought he had made a good argument. Convincing one enamored judge to agree with you has nothing to do with the soundness of your argument.

4. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Maybe but I don't think he has a problem getting press. Just about every time he opens his mouth some far left reporter is shoving a microphone up to it.

5. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

That's kind of my feeling. Even though I think he's right about Corey he's wrong so completely most of the time I question his motives.

6. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

Didn't read your post, but the answer is 'probably not'.

:whistling: :rofl: :wavey:

7. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

Another reason to like Dershowitz - Even though he would like to ban guns for civilians, he admits that the 2nd amendment applies to individuals and that it must be repealed to legally ban guns.

Yes, he is of a completely different mindset than most GT members, but at least he doesn't use the intellectually dishonest argument that most lefties do. That is, the second amendment doesn't apply to individuals but all the other amendments do.

Harvard liberal law professor Alan Dershowitz:
    Scolds fellow liberals for twisting the words of the Second Amendment in a way that could come back to haunt them. “Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming that it’s not an individual right or that it’s too much of a safety hazard,” said Dershowitz, “don’t see the danger of the big picture.” He added, “They’re courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don’t like.“

8. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Wasn't the Sean Penn attorney character in "Carlito's Way" based on him?