close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Am I the only one who thinks....

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by chilic82, Feb 6, 2010.

1. chilic82

chilic82

that Glock QC is lacking compared to other companies? I love the Glock design, but why is it that they can't seem to make a straight frame, a magazine that sits flush with the bottom of the grip, or make the mag release fitment any better, or the gap between slide and frame? I mean when I look at the XD,M&P, Walther, px4,HK etc. these things seem to be less extent or non existent. I know it's all about function, but these things shouldn't exist from a 20+year old design. Not trying to troll, but I'm about to buy a new pistol and everytime I pick a Glock up I notice these things. I guess I need to just get over it.

2. viniglock

viniglock

3. jp3975

jp3975

Buy a Steyr.

4. PISTOLHUNTER

PISTOLHUNTER

5. chilic82

chilic82

Just trying to get unbiased opinions.

6. viniglock

viniglock

I know you are.

7. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

Yeppers. It's essentially just an updated Glock anyway. And you won't get a Pig Nose on your Steyr. :thumbsup:

8. MD357

MD357

This.

However, I still own a few glocks, rather I will always own a G19 and G23.

9. Rick50

Rick50 average guy

Ive see some other brands that look like there in a hurry to make them. What did they always say, you dont want a car that was made on a Monday or a Friday

thanks
    R

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  10. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

Because they're all FEATURES, not QC errors. The wider gap between the frame and slide is designed to vent out small particles and water where it would normally collect inside the gun. The new mags INTENTIONALLY do not sit flush because it makes it easier to seat a full magazine on a locked slide due to the extra room.

So I'm actually not sure what problems you're referring to. The garbage that is a Springfield XD? The thousands of SIG P238s that fired when you released the safety? I haven't heard of a significant Glock issue for a while.

11. chilic82

chilic82

If these are such features why don't other manufactures that have been building guns much longer than Glock do the same?I would think it would be a requirement of every patrol and military sidearm built.

12. chilic82

chilic82

I'm not trying to bash them, but since you brought it up. The Glock 30 FTRTB issue is quite significant.

13. bluejdixon

bluejdixon Ammo Hoarder

Why did you post this in 2 sections?

14. joker42179

joker42179

tagged to see what the koolaid drinkers excuses for all this are lol

15. bluejdixon

bluejdixon Ammo Hoarder

Well, you will have to tag the one in General Glocking as well .. as it is the exact same question.

16. bac1023

bac1023

That's not a lack of QC, its the design.

17. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

You'll notice alot of Steyr owners refer to the Steyr as "the Glock that never was". I think there's far more truth to this statement than most realize. Google "Wilhelm Bubits" and draw your own conclusions. Gaston Glock was a curtain rod designer with deep pockets and friends in high places(Austrian army). Although it's patent bears his name, it's my belief that although Gaston may have laid out the basic criteria for the P80, he didnt "design" it. There's a reason that out of the blue, a curtain rod designer revolutionizes the industry and then for the following 30 years nothing else comes from this "fertile mind" but changing the grip textures and adding a light rail. No carbines, no sub-machineguns.....nothing??? An austrian small arms designer by the name of Wilhelm Bubits was with Glock from the beginning and left the company in 1997 after Gaston showed no real interest in what Bubits had on the drawing board at the time. Bubits decided to take his design across the street to Steyr, which gladly brought him and his new design in. So in a "nutshell", the design that was meant to be the next evolutionary step for the Glock, ended up as the Steyr "M". Wilhelm Bubits recently designed the new "Caracal". That makes two completely new designs the man's come up with in just over 10 years, while Gaston is still content to sit back and no nothing more than change slide serrations, grip textures,etc.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  18. bluejdixon

bluejdixon Ammo Hoarder

I think the Steyr is a wonderful choice for many, with what some would argue as better ergonomics.

But wow, is it ever ugly.

19. bithabus

bithabus

Do all new Steyrs have the internal lock?

20. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

All have the keylock safety. The manual safety was was found on all of the original M series, however it's rare to find an MA1 with the manual safety. Personally, I think it's one of the best designed manual safeties I've encountered on a pistol. It's located in the trigger guard, similar to many semi-auto rifles like the SKS, M14, etc.