close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

am I the only one who hates kids or being around them?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Snaps, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I don't have kids, I don't want them, I've known this since I was a kid. Everybody told me how I would change my mind as I got older, met the right girl etc etc etc..Now at 32, and a month till 33, I've had a vasectomy so I can't have kids I've got the right girl, been with her for years and still hate children.

My sister in law insists on trying to get me to love their kid and wanna play with it, but I can't stand being around it. So I get flack then for not playing with the kid and having never held it etc etc etc. I've seen it personally once in year or two they've had it.. And that's more than enough for me

I go to restaurants and specifically ask the hostess for a section with no children. I hear them scream I'll nicely ask the parents to get them out of the place, if not I'll nicely tell the waitress to either move me or I"m leaving. If I can still hear them I'm done. The first scream of a kid pretty much ruins my dinner/appetite.

My friends have kids, they try to get me to associate with them, the way you do a puppy to new people, but I want nothing to do with it.

All the stuff people seem to think is so cute either annoys the hell out of me or disgusts me. Friend just had a baby and came over with it, they didn't get in the house because she wanted me to put the dogs in another room or the cage so she could bring her baby in. Ummm... no, they live here you don't.

Might be part that I'm bad about germs, I don't like people touching me or anything like that and i know they're little carriers, but just another reason i don't want to be near one

I like having money, I like having my life, I like being able to do the things I enjoy.

So I started thinking about this, am I the only guy who hates kids?

EDIT: I found a woman with the same thoughts as me on the subject. We aren't having any, aside from us I only know one other guy who's currently engaged and he and the mrs have decided no kids as well.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

Being a parent isn't for everyone, but it can be great with the right mindset.

3. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Beware.

You're opening a jumbo sized can o' worms.

Take some advice from another anti-kid person.

Suffer in silence.

Or get ready for some serious Hate and Discontent.

4. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I've never been a big kid guy. I've got a kid and he's everything to me, but it didn't much change my attitude toward other peoples kids. I make a very conscious effort to keep reminding myself that other people don't think my kid is as cute as I do. I hate when people let their kids act like heathens and have that googly eyed smile because they think it's so cute.

5. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

ohh, the day my mom accidentally found out about my vasectomy was pretty bad. GOod to know I"m not the only one though

6. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

7. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

ahh yes, I've seen that many times. We went to a nicer place for dinner one night and one table had 3 kids screaming and going to every table. The parents were laughing and taking pictures. So me, against the girlfriend at the time's wishes went and sat at their table and started eating. WHen they asked what the hell I was doing I pointed out that this seemed to be the only table in the area those idiot kids weren't bothering.

They got up and left

8. Lone Wolf8634

I'm speaking of right here, on this very forum.

There are those that might suggest you are anything from a communist to the very antichrist hisself if you don't just loooooove children.

The issues been brought up before. It wasn't pretty.:scared:

9. Detectorist

Detectorist

How can anyone *hate* children?

There are few things as uplifting for the soul as the wonderful laughter of children.

10. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

oh, well I don't think I"m the anti-christ.

11. sawgrass

sawgrass

I don't have a lot of interest in the little germ magnets.
    I dated someone once with kids. I learned and I learned quickly. RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Just not for me.

12. Lone Wolf8634

Its easy, trust me.

A Tobasco enema would uplift me higher than any child.

ETA: And I don't *hate* kids. Why, if they didn't cost so much, scream like banshees, make doody in their widdle diapers, break or lose everything they can lay their germ laden little hands on, backtalk, whine, run around like maniacs, ask why, over and over and over..., and generally get on my nerves anytime they're conscious.....yessir, I'd have 10 of the li'l turds.

I'm sure everyone loves their kids, and I don't *hate* them, really I don't. I just don't wanna be around them.:supergrin:

13. 427

I don't like kids.

14. sawgrass

sawgrass

He's not talking about dating them...:whistling::rofl:

15. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

as with any other high pitched sounds that go on and on, I find it unpleasant and quickly annoying.

16. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

I don't necessarily HATE little kids, but I'd prefer to not be in the vicinity of any. I have absolutely ZERO interest in having any of my own, I don't want to play with someone else's, and no, I don't want to hold your new one.

I need to make my house as non-kid-friendly as possible so people won't even be tempted.

The only kids I can stand to be around are the ones who have matured enough to not run wild (usually, they're the ones with parents worth having as friends anyway). Once they're a little older, say 10 or so, I don't mind them. But the younger ones can be a PITA.

But, I'm very much an introvert so I limit my time around other humans as much as possible. It's kind of difficult at the moment since I'm vacationing in London :rofl:

17. JJohnson

JJohnson Call me Jeff

I love my kids and honestly couldn't care less what others think. Thanks for opening this thread though. It's been at least three weeks since the last one just like it. :thumbsup:

18. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

--W.C. Fields

19. Lone Wolf8634

Off topic but if that pic you're using as an avatar is accurate, I could be your older twin brother.

My wife saw your pic and though I was using and old picture of me!:rofl:

20. Lone Wolf8634

Well, we all need goals in life.:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.