Am I the only one who gets excited about a range trip the following day?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KiloBravo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I just checked the weather for tomorrow and it is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL! (42 degrees and sunny) I am planning on heading to the range with my 1911, G23, .22 Marlin bolt action rifle, and maybe even the AR. Afterwards, I think I will check out Dick's Sporting Goods to buy up whatever they might have left of the WWB 5.56 on sale for $7.97/20 rounds.

Does anybody else get pumped up the night before a fun day at the range or just outdoors in general? I know I sure do.

2. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

I am thrilled that it is predicted cloudy but mild here tomorrow and I can go to the IDPA match without frosting my trigger finger. I even took a new shooter - not new to guns, but no competition experience - out today and ran him through range commands and drills so he won't be quite so lost on the range.

3. bac1023

bac1023

4. KiloBravo

That is awesome!

Stay safe and shoot straight. :wavey:

5. KiloBravo

:supergrin: I have never seen that one before...but is is a good one, LOL

6. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

Well, I've been excited about going to the shooting range for the past month. So if that's any indication, then, yes, I get excited the night before. I should point out though, that this time is special. One of my college professors has just gotten into guns and was looking at purchasing a Sig P229 in 9mm. I got to talking and let it slip that I was a Glock fan. After thinking about it, he bought a Glock 19 instead. So, to give him a good introduction to shooting, I'm bringing three of my 9mm Glocks, a 1911, a Ruger Mk. II, and a Sig P229 in .357 Sig. I think at this point, he's more excited about the range trip than I am.

7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Yes, it is the right thing to do.

8. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Yes, even though I only have to walk a couple hundred yards to the range I look forward to teaching new shooters basic shooting and of course I enjoy shooting myself.

Today I was shooting and setting up plans for working a couple of my star pupils back to 52 yards. They have only shot (handguns) at 15 yards a couple times.

So yes, even though I shoot almost every day I still get pumped up.:supergrin:

9. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I sure do, especially when you have a new gun that you are itching to try out. I often prep the range bag the night before- ammo, targets, CLP, earplugs, spare mags, etc. so in the morning I just eat up, grab the bag and go.

10. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

Have you seen bac 1911 collection? :rofl:

*Don't say show me your 1911 pics.*

11. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

I have a benchrest in my living room. I just open the south window to access my 880yd range. Actually it's my computer desk, so technically I'm at the range right now. It also doubles as my 'deer stand', I guess.:supergrin:

I work outdoors year-round on the oil pipeline. 7 days a week for long stretches. It just feels more relaxing for me to shoot indoors. I run the targets out on the snowmobile, then head back to the warmth.

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

13. UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Koch Addict

I sure do, especially when I have a new gun to break in. Actually I did that today and was exited about it yesterday and all day today. I have been waiting since Christmas to go so that my GF could go with me to try imy new S&W 442 No Lock since she bought it for me.

14. UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Koch Addict

Oops, please delete

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  15. adamg01

adamg01

I am waiting on my entourage right now for the range trip. It is 50 degrees and I am ready to go. I will be trying out my new Micro Eagle .380. The tried and true G19. Plus my Buckmark.

16. KiloBravo

Awesome replies everybody! I am glad I am not the only one. To M2Carbine, I am VERY jealous of you and your own range! :whistling: :supergrin:

I just finished up cleaning all of the weaponry I took with me this morning. It was absolutely beautiful outside and the sun was shining bright. I practiced mostly just drawing and shooting from concealment with the gloves I wear during the winter, even though it was not cold enough to have to wear them.

I shot a lot of my Marlin .22 B.A.R. and it was dead on with iron sights as always. I recently stole the scope off of it to mount on my AR. :embarassed:

To everybody else heading out this weekend, stay safe and shoot straight!

17. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Yes, I understand.
    If I could make a wish for every shooter it would be that they had their own shooting range.:)

It's raining today, so no shooting.

Reloading .223 instead and watching the old "Victory At Sea" series.
    Last week I bought a new Colt Target Match HBAR and was also shooting a Bushmaster M4 AR. Along with friends blasting up my .223 ammo I'm getting low.
    May as well make use of this no shooting day.

Interesting that I never checked this before but it takes 35 minutes to load a hundred rounds of .223 on my old Dillon press.

18. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

I'm about ready to start shooting clays in my basement. With all this global warming we've had either sub zero temperatures or blizzard conditions every weekend since November.

19. KiloBravo

That would be my one wish as well! Good to hear you are making good use of the rainy day to prepare for more shooting.

If I am even in Texas, I will just follow the sound of gun shots to find you wonderful range! :supergrin: