Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I must admit I took on a ****ty deal last week. Got this nasty piece of stippling madness from someone selling his Glock 30sf - was mainly wanting his 460 rowland conversion but bought into it anyway. The slide is in very good shape but the stippling has molded the takedown pin on the grip. I was intending to return the frame to glock for a new one but now that I can’t remove the trigger assembly I don’t know what to do. Has anyone remotely encountered this issue. Picture is attached. I’m a relative newb at this so hopefully I can get some slack :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Just send it in with the trigger assembly, Glock will take care of you. Even if they don't, you're only looking at ~$25 for new parts (trigger mechanism, connector, trigger w/trigger bar and trigger spring) if you can get the locking block out. With a gun like that, I'd probably be spending the $25 and replacing parts just for good measure anyways.

Reactions: Geoleo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud! Just clarification though - if I send the entire lower in will I have to send it overnight? That may eat into the cost a little more if so. I was thinking of just cutting it up, free up the internals and send it as is.
Just send it in with the trigger assembly, Glock will take care of you. Even if they don't, you're only looking at ~$25 for new parts (trigger mechanism, connector, trigger w/trigger bar and trigger spring) if you can get the locking block out. With a gun like that, I'd probably be spending the $25 and replacing parts just for good measure anyways.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You would have to do that anyways because the frame is the serial numbered part, it is the gun as far as the government is concerned.

When I need to ship a gun I pack it to ship USPS priority mail and then take it to my local FFL. Even with his $10 transfer fee the shipping is about 1/2 the cost of sending overnight (only FFL's can ship guns via USPS).

If you don't have an FFL, Gunbroker has a pretty good database for finding those willing to do transfers. You can contact some near you and see if they would help you ship back to Glock. https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it. Was also interested in the Glock 29 and was thinking - is the 29 frame and 30 frame interchangeable? With all that cost I figured I might as well just get an entire 29 and just swap out slides with the 30 from time to time depending on what I wanna shoot or carry?
You would have to do that anyways because the frame is the serial numbered part, it is the gun as far as the government is concerned.

When I need to ship a gun I pack it to ship USPS priority mail and then take it to my local FFL. Even with his $10 transfer fee the shipping is about 1/2 the cost of sending overnight (only FFL's can ship guns via USPS).

If you don't have an FFL, Gunbroker has a pretty good database for finding those willing to do transfers. You can contact some near you and see if they would help you ship back to Glock. https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
They are the same frame.

How much is Glock charging to replace the frame? If it’s not ridiculous, I personally would rather have two guns than one.

BTW, since you’ve got to treat the frame like the whole gun when shipping, I would ship the whole gun. Glock will inspect and change any worn out/damaged parts at no extra charge.

Reactions: Geoleo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s $100 I think. I’ve kind of heard the warranty shipping from ffl doesnt apply in Texas but I’ll need to find out when I get thru. The whole gun thing makes sense. May add a tiny bit to the shipping but it’d be good for them to do a tlc
They are the same frame.

How much is Glock charging to replace the frame? If it’s not ridiculous, I personally would rather have two guns than one.

BTW, since you’ve got to treat the frame like the whole gun when shipping, I would ship the whole gun. Glock will inspect and change any worn out/damaged parts at no extra charge.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
It’s $100 I think. I’ve kind of heard the warranty shipping from ffl doesnt apply in Texas but I’ll need to find out when I get thru. The whole gun thing makes sense. May add a tiny bit to the shipping but it’d be good for them to do a tlc
Where are you at in Texas? FFL shipping has nothing to do with warranty - FFL's can legally ship a handgun to another FFL via USPS (gun mfgs are FFLs). It's the only option to reduce the cost of shipping.

Call Glock and ask how much to replace the frame. For reference, Glockstore sells G30 frames for $250 (compared to $75 for a G17 frame). If Glock's replacement cost + shipping is less than $250 you'll come out ahead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I misread but no I do not need to buy another frame if it’s sent to Glock. They will mail me a new frame when I send the old one back. The $100 upgrade fee is what they charge me

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,937 Posts
Looks like leprosy! Hope you didn't touch it!

·
MacGyver
8,270 Posts
Can you find the take down pins at all? Try banging them out with a punch?

I think this frame is screwed.

·
MacGyver
8,270 Posts
Magnetic iron filings will find that pin. Maybe it's still there but topped off with a dab of green puss.
???? That pin is plastic-- the one in back strap.

Pus is speeeled like thus, unless you ment the othur. :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
so I must admit I took on a ****ty deal last week. Got this nasty piece of stippling madness from someone selling his Glock 30sf - was mainly wanting his 460 rowland conversion but bought into it anyway. The slide is in very good shape but the stippling has molded the takedown pin on the grip. I was intending to return the frame to glock for a new one but now that I can’t remove the trigger assembly I don’t know what to do. Has anyone remotely encountered this issue. Picture is attached. I’m a relative newb at this so hopefully I can get some slack :)
Il never understand why people do this to glock frames

those edges are so sharp, even holding it is painful. cant imagine shooting it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts