close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Am I becoming a health Nazi?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by frefoo, Jul 7, 2004.

1. frefoo

frefoo

I am a single guy that found it easier to dine out then to cook a meal, because I could never be sure when I would be home next or if I would be in the mood to cook something when I got home at 11:30pm (food spoiled before I got to eat it).

On top of that my job has me at a desk all day or perhaps in a plane, when I travel. As a result I could see the pounds just gaining.

To help get rid of the extra weight I put on I consulted a nutritionalist.

Last night my eyes went wide when she talked about Trans Fats and what they do, one of her sources was from (Egin, Mary KNOW YOUR FATS, copyright 2000 Bethesda Press).

Does anyone have any knowledge about Trans Fats or this book?

Thanks

2. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

Yeah, I know about trans fats.

In my kitchen I only use only two kinds of oil--canola or olive. Canola is for all purpose use as olive will harden in some things (salad dressings). Both of these oils are higher in "good" fat than bad.

I also have switched to soft butter when I can use it (squeeze kind). If I have to select between stick oleo and real butter, real will usually win out unless it is only a small amount in the recipe.

I also eat a lot of soy, which is in the top 10 foods for women and raises your HDL. They say men shouldn't eat a lot of it though.

3. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

No, you're not a "health nazi". You cross over to the dark side when you believe that everyone else should eat as you do and demand the government to enforce your beliefs.

4. frefoo

frefoo

{deleted because I misread someones post}