close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Am I Asking Too Much?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by RHVEtte, Feb 13, 2010.

1. RHVEtte

RHVEtte

I won an RCBS 4x4 in an auction, but it came with some parts I don't need. I don't shoot a lot of calibers, so I'm getting rid of the extra shell plates via gunbroker. The problem is, they aren't selling. Am I asking too much for them? They're like new and they go for about $40 when you throw in shipping from online stores, so I figured $20-30 seems fair. Am I wrong?

2. dudel

dudel

Sorry, but the problem is the RCBX 4x4 is a cr@p press and there are very few sold, and even less still out there in use, thus a small base of people to buy from you. Plus, what caliber are the shellplates? Popular ones or unusual ones?

RCBS makes some great single stage presses (RockChucker and AmmoMaster), but all of their progressives are way below the competition. No explanation for how they manage to do this. From the Green Machine, to the PiggyBack, to the 4x4, all failures in the marketplace.

A lot of Green stuff is very, very good; their progressive presses are not.

Just hang on to them for when you get rid of it to someone else.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010

3. srd

srd

As dudel stated you are trying to sell something that a limited number of people are looking for. You might try Craigslist and other sources to reach more people. Good Luck.