Aluminum Shortage Now Too

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tarpleyg, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

That's bad news for me. I'm diabetic and I only like one flavor of Safeway brand diet soda, Diet grapefruit, and it's cheap, usually about $2.50 a 12 pack. I usually only drink it at night before I go to bed and have a can open for when I wake up and my mouth is dry.

A carbonated drink cuts the thirst better than anything else and also helps with occasional heartburn or acid reflux. I'll have to go to the store today and stock up on it.

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Here's hoping Safeway's contract with the soda company keeps them stocking your favorite.

Borg Warner likes this.

3. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Well I couldn’t get a set of spark plug wires for a 74 Chevy. Not even generic.

5. FCastle88

FCastle88

I'm told many local craft breweries had to skip their seasonal beers to focus on their core line due to a shortage of cans and bottles. Even a lot of the macro brewers didn't make their summer seasonals this year.

6. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

GUARD THE THERMOS and the 50's purple and green and blue tumblers now!Coin shortage.AMMO shortage gun shortage,common sense Shortage,Silver Shortage. but don't worry i did buy 2 LARGE bags of Fritos today at FRY'S. and some dry roasted almonds.all for $12 bucks..and they are good..Maybe we are headed for end of times. I will be almonded and fritoed out.

what 0BE16F46-0106-4ED5-A5FE-B4B4A3EB8C72.jpeg a way to go out.

7. selogic

selogic

Ah , you noticed too . Really pisses me off ...

686 AR15 G17Fan likes this.
  8. Bish1309

Bish1309

In my area there is a 5 cent per can/bottle return program along with other recycling. Since the CHINA virus hit, the local supermarkets, (Fareway included) stopped taking the cans back.
    If you calculate each household, (even just in my neighborhood, roughly 200 homes) with 3 months worth of cans, imagine that city or community wide.
    Just recently Hy-Vee started taking them back so we were able to return a bunch.

Let the sodas flow people.

:cheers: :drunk: :flamingdrpep: :drink:

Inyo Tim likes this.