Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
NRA Member
791 Posts
It should work fine. I hate aluminum cases, not because of performance but because I can’t reload them.

Reactions: GLOCK23 ::

·
finishes it...
4,781 Posts
put plenty of those through my 27 with no issues. i like thd bulk 9 too. added benefit of not having to worry about scavengers slinking around behind you.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,680 Posts
Should be fine. I put 200 of the 9mm through a G19 today, as it happens. And not for the first time. No complaints.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
I’ve had thousands of rounds of aluminum through my Glocks and have never had an issue.
I’ve even been known to shoot steel through an AK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
A guy on Sig Talk had a potential problem with Aluminum Fed 40 with a P320
Seems as though a bad detonation cracked the casing and blew out the extractor and cracked the grip module.
Sig said it was a bad round and Federal says the gun fired out of battery. Sig fixed the gun and Federal gave him new ammo but he asked to replace it something other than Aluminum.
This happened in February or March of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A guy on Sig Talk had a potential problem with Aluminum Fed 40 with a P320
Seems as though a bad detonation cracked the casing and blew out the extractor and cracked the grip module.
Sig said it was a bad round and Federal says the gun fired out of battery. Sig fixed the gun and Federal gave him new ammo but he asked to replace it something other than Aluminum.
This happened in February or March of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thats my one and only worrie about the aluminum casing .

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Have shot almost nothing but Champ in my G22. Pistol has had zero stoppages- that were the fault of the pistol. I had one fail to eject; spent case stayed in chamber. I fingernailed the case out and found that one case in the box had no rim. The rim was never formed in that case. Kind of a bizarre thing. Only problem I ever had with thousands of Fed. Champ. cartridges.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I have shot many (1500 or so) rounds without an issue. I usually use them at places where its frowned upon or don't really feel like (mud, snow) picking up brass.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,134 Posts
I’ve shot thousands of CCI Blazer Aluminum casing ammo in 9mm mostly through my Glocks and hundreds of them in .380 and never had issues. But no experience with .40 caliber or Federal’s version of aluminum casing ammo yet. CCI and Federal are owned by the same parent company.... So I’m assuming the quality should be very similar, if not the same....

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Should be fine. I put 200 of the 9mm through a G19 today, as it happens. And not for the first time. No complaints.
That's funny, I did the same thing with the same set up. No problems at all.

Reactions: Warp

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I collect aluminum pistol cases with the intention of reloading them exactly once, for use in a situation where picking up brass is either not allowed or not possible (or for an end-of-the-world scenario). I haven't reloaded many yet, just 20 to make sure they work fine, and they did. You have to check the flash holes, though - I found that some are berdan primed (no single large middle flash hole), so those get thrown out. I wonder if that's to discourage reloading...

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,461 Posts
I've run a few boxes of CCI Blazer through my G23. No problems. The collected shell casing from Glock was a Blazer (AL) cartridge so I would imagine its okay to shoot.

Re: the Sig KB. That can happen with brass as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.