Alright.... giving EEZOX a go. Full Strip and Clean

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cipioh, Mar 28, 2019.

1. cipioh

cipioh

I've been curious about dry lubricants as a solution to keep my .22 conversion kit running smooth on my Glock 19. I use it for student training in my pistol courses, and it shoots really dirty. Eventually it will start to give me some failures to return to battery. More oil gets it running again, but then it will eventually start to crud up again. I just rinse and repeat until I can get it cleaned after the class. My thought is that a dry lube should keep it running without gumming up with crud. We'll see.

Anyway... this led me down a path of researching dry lubricants, and I decided to give Eezox a shot (pun intended, lol). So I performed a detailed cleaning on one of my 19s and used nothing but Eezox. I'll get it to the range soon, and my initial plan is to run 500 rounds through it to see how it performs, and cleans up afterwards. Then I'll also Eezox that conversion slide.

There are a few older videos on Eezox, but none really showing the process of using it (other than superficially) so I decided to document my use of it. It's a long video, but I decided to just show the entire process of how I clean, figuring it may be helpful for someone who has never done that before.

Any input from Eezox users are welcome. This is the method I came up with after learning how the product works.

throb, Borg Warner and cwsmith17 like this.
  2. cwsmith17

cwsmith17

I look forward to more of your videos brother

cipioh likes this.

3. JN01

JN01

My G26 AA kits need to be run wet to be reliable. Looking forward to your test results.

cipioh likes this.
  4. Americanpatriot

Americanpatriot

I must be using Eezox probably for at least 15 years now in both aerosol and squirt can. I love the stuff and it has always performed well.

Tuscany and cal45 like this.
  5. Americanpatriot

Americanpatriot

6. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Didn't look at your video. Too long.
    I have used EEZOX on all my firearms for 15-20 years.
    My procedure:
    I detail strip and clean with Simple Green. Dry with hair dryer. While still hot, coat all with EEZOX, inside and out. Hit everything with the dryer again.
    Leave disassembled overnight. Any EEZOX still wet, I wipe off and leave disassembled another day.
    Reassemble dry parts, adding Mobil 1 to lube points.
    Good to go. No rust, easy to clean. No problems so far.
    After this initial treatment, i use EEZOX when cleaning. Powder residue just wipes off.

7. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Looking forward to hearing your results. I use Eezox, and have been happy with it. The one minor issue I have with it, is this cleaner exiles me to the shed. If I use it in the garage, the very distinct odor does seem to linger in the house. I buy both the liquid, and spray. No complaints!

8. cal45

cal45

Yep - same here but may be closer to over 20 years.
    When I bough my first new .32 Seacamp in the mid-90's, Larry Seacamp recommended using this on his guns.

Americanpatriot and alnicoG22 like this.
  9. alnicoG22

alnicoG22

I started using it when I got my Seecamp .32. It make a great cologne too!

Americanpatriot likes this.
  10. cal45

cal45

LOL - yeah, it is probably one of the better smelling gun cleaners on the market.

Tuscany and Americanpatriot like this.
  11. cipioh

cipioh

Didn't read your post. Too long.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  12. cipioh

cipioh

Update. Running my Glocks and AR-15 with nothing but Eezox. No other lube or crazy mystical combination of steps. The value in a product like this is the ability is that it can stand alone... So rather than not trusting it...I'm giving it a real go. I've got about 500 rounds through a Glock, not a hiccup yet....and prob 400-500 rounds through the AR with the same result . I'm really impressed. I'll be curious to see how things look when I decide to clean. They hardly look used at this point.

13. JN01

JN01

Have you tried EEzox with your .22 kit yet?

cipioh likes this.
  14. cipioh

cipioh

Not yet, but I have a pistol class next weekend, so it's going to get tested then. Previously, I couldnt get through a class without having to oil it several times .

15. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Now you owe me a new keyboard!!!

:D

cipioh likes this.
  16. kme

kme

I use a similar product, Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner and Lube. I first clean the bore with M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner then spray everything with One Shot. I let it dry and then wipe off any excess.

The One Shot and M-Pro are odorless so I can clean my guns in front of the TV.

cipioh likes this.
  17. cipioh

cipioh

Okay... I had my pistol course this weekend and ran 9 students through the class (I cap my classes at 10, but had a no show). I do allow them to bring their own guns if they have them so only about half a dozen actually used my 22 conversion kit on the Glock 19. Bottom line up front, I am super impressed! this is the first time I haven't had a single malfunction on the 22 conversion kit. It never needed oil, never had a stuck spent casing, not a single hitch. I'm sold. Again, this was simply a clean and wipe down with eezox and no other products. No additional oil or grease. I've been running it like this on all of my guns so far, and have not yet seen a need to add additional oil to anything. I'll be doing a video soon to sort of summarize and show the result of the guns after they've been shot. Each gun will have had several hundred rounds through them by the time I do the video so it'll be a good look at what typical shooting would leave from a residue and cleaning perspective.

JN01, Tuscany and boilergonzo like this.
  18. JN01

JN01

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to document your experiment.

19. diamondd2

diamondd2

I exclusively use eezox on all my firearms to clean, lube, and protect. Pistols, Revolvers, AR's, Bolt Actions, Shotguns, etc. Not a single issue to date.

20. ThomasM4

ThomasM4

I've been using eezox going on 4yrs now .
    Didnt buy it for the dry lubricant properties my main reason for swapping over to it was for the anti corrosion protection. If you own hk mp5 magazines most owners know how ridiculously fast they start picking up rust. I would have to reoil those magazines every 3 months even when they weren't being used or I would start getting pin head rust spots.
    I've treated them one good time with eezox letting them sit wet overnight. 4yrs ago and I haven't had any more rust since.
    I really like blued guns but I stopped buying blued guns yrs ago because I live in the south and I have screwed up quite a few blued guns. I've started buying blued guns again because of eezox.
    The lubrication properties of eezox meh:juggle: no better or worse than other types of lubricant. I still prefer to use a gun grease on certain friction points. But every gun I own now and in the foreseeable future will be treated to eezox just for one reason corrosion protection.