Almost shot an indoor match today

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by shadow_dog, Sep 15, 2007.

1. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

This is not Blackwing--

Went to my regular local GSSF indoor range today to shoot. When I got there I was 3rd in line to register. I spent 25 minutes in line to register and left out of disgust. One clerk spent 20 minutes scoring 1 set of targets, the other was trying to figure out how much to ring up the 2 shooters in front of me at. One was shooting once , the other was shooting twice. He did also let some non shooters check out a couple of items. There was 1 shooter waiting to register behind me, he was shooting once. I went down the road to do some other shopping after I left. That took 50 minutes. My wife talked me into going back to see if the back log had cleared up any. Well, I did. When I got there after a 50 minute leave. The shooter who had been in front of me was waiting to get scored, and the shooter who was behind me was just shooting his first target. And there were 2 other people waiting to register. I think this is "nuts", 2 clerks and 2 lanes to shoot in and can't cycle shooters thru any better than that. Needless to say I left again. I figured at that pace, since I was intending on shooting 4 times I probably would be in there for at least a couple of hours. Sorry for the long rant, but I have to vent about this.:steamed:

2. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I shot with another gentleman and other than registering paying, I didn't wait long. The usual crowd wasn't there. He scored a target then I shot. He scored another gentleman's and my targets as we were the only ones there at the time. Twice, I shot alone. There was another man going to shoot when I finished and I saw him by the retail section. Sorry you had a bad experience, Shadow Dog,as IMHO Blackwing is one of the better Indoor matches I go to, NASR is the other one. Maybe next month you can do it.

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

shadow_dog

I will give you the benefit of the drought. YOU did offer to help them out RIGHT! If not you have nothing to wine about.

Since it was not up to your expectations! Maybe if you offered to help out a little, you might have been able to help smooth things out just a littler.

Just my thoughts!

Pharaoh:)

4. ede

ede

my guess would of been lauhorners but it looks like they're out of the GSSF business.

5. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Sorry, I figure I shouldn't have to help them out. There were 3 other clerks just standing behind the counter about 10 feet away not doing anything. They could have came over and helped out the GSSF shoot clerks. If there weren't other clerks around I would have offered to help. I have offered in the past to help score at matches.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It might help if you would go back to that range and discuss your disappointments with the manager. At least he is in a position to do something about it.

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

shadow_dog

Coach Danny has a great idea in going back if you are able and talk with them. I have been to a few matchs now and sometimes things just need a little nudge in the right direction.

Pharaoh:thumbsup:

8. dviant

dviant

If this occured in Cincinnati, I think my targets were the ones being scored when you were in line the first time Shadow Dog.

I lucked out when I got there to shoot, no one was in line and I registered and got straight on the range. However, by the time I was finished shooting, there was a line forming. It took two employees at least 15-20 minutes to score my target. (Guess that big ragged hole in the X-ring gave them trouble - :thumbsup: ) Anyway, I made sure to double check my targets when they were finished before I initialed anything.

I'm guessing you were the guy who was there with his wife that wound up walking out.

This is only the second time I've shot GSSF at this range. Last month it seemed relatively well organized. However, this month it was very UNorganized. Guess I'll see how well they handle things next month at the final shoot.

9. cinergi

cinergi

10. cinergi

cinergi

Shadow Dog- Sorry you had a close encounter with lousy service but...
    I just gotta ask...why did you start out with
    "This is not Black Wing..."
    I ask because they usually run a pretty good match.

11. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

You are right

12. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

There was more than one indoor match location that day.