Almost November - Time to Re-Watch American Horror Story Cult

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Bren, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If you have never seen season 7 of American Horror Story, it is tailor-made for Glock Talk Political Issues types. Be sure to watch before election day.

View: https://youtu.be/b9uMWKPdnPA

GlockWheeler likes this.
  2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Just started episode 1 - other than the side-track with the killer clown, it's like they took every meme we ever posted here and turned it into an episode - married lesbians crying because Trump got elected and now they won't be married anymore; leftist chicking crying about "what if I get pregnant, where will I get an abortion;" leftists screaming about CNN not giving them a "trigger warning" before announcing the Trump won the election. They haven't mentioned "safe spaces" yet, but I'm only 15 minutes into episode 1.

I just realized that BLM and Antifa weren't big issues when this was made. Now I'm sad. We need "Cult II" to work that stuff in.

This is a lot like "Watchmen" in that I can't believe they put a show on TV that castes the left in such a bad light, but you have to watch a few episodes to see them doing that.

GlockWheeler likes this.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

No American Horror Story fans?

4. NotAMonte86

NotAMonte86

I'm an AHS fan, but that was the worst season in my opinion. Or maybe Apocalypse (last one).

I did enjoy the first few minutes of the first episode, with all the post-election breakdowns.

5. Sharkey

Sharkey

We saw every season. The one you mention was probably the second worst. I actually liked the Revelation Anti Christ season but the witches and the first season are our favorites.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I thought Cult was the third-best season, after the first one and "Hotel." I hated Asylum and the freak show season and barely tolerated Apocalypse and Coven.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I thought it got better and better throughout.

I am still puzzling, as I watch it the second time, whether any character in the entire show was supposed to have been on the political right. My take is that every character, except a few supporting characters like the guy who saws his hand off, is a rabid leftist and the whole plot is left-wing nut vs. left-wing nut. The kid with the blue hair, Kai, and his sister are just left-wing nuts who came up with a scheme for getting power, hence the references throughout the show to cult leaders from the left and right and in-between.

As for AHS, I rate the seasons from best to worst as:
    1. Hotel (Season 5)
    2. Murder House (Season 1)
    3. Cult (Season 7)
    4. Roanoke (Season 6)
    5. Apocalypse (Season 8 - Terrible, but I watched all of it)
    6. Coven (Season 3 - Terrible, but I watched all of it)
    7. Freak Show (Season 4 - Better than Asylum because I was able to watch 1 full episode, I think)
    8. Asylum (Season 2 - Couldn't get through a full episode - even tried skipping ahead in case they got better)

I haven't seen 1984 yet.

8. NotAMonte86

NotAMonte86

Interesting ranking and I thought apocalypse was the series finale! I'll have to check if 1984 is on any of the streaming services.

I'd rank them as follows. Note this is subject to change as it's been a while, I may be forgetting important or interesting things about a season.

Best to worst (my opinion):
    Murder house
    Asylum (freaky/unsettling)
    Coven
    Freak show
    Hotel (going for real shock value in the 1st episode)
    Roanoke (dumb premise that they return)
    Apocalypse
    Cult

I do like how they tie together different seasons with characters. And I like the advantage of each season being a separate story vs a traditional show that is one long story. In a traditional show you know the main characters (mostly) are going to stick around because there are X amount of seasons. With AHS you cannot predict a character's fate.

9. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

I like the series. Especially the first few seasons.