Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys looks like I will be moving to the west coast in mid August, and rather then try and figure out the cali gun laws and drop cash trying to dissect this into something that meets their idea of legal, I am just going to sell this AR and add the proceeds to the moving fund (Maybe it will cover my gas for the trip.... ok probably not)

Chambered for 5.56
16 inch chrome lined 1:9 heavy barrel
Free floated YHM quadrail
Mil Spec Magpul CTR stock
RRA 2stage trigger
Quadrail Gas Block
Full Magpul Miad grip kit
Flat top Upper with M4 feed ramps
Spikes Lower receiver

The rifle is in near perfect condition, a couple very minor blemishes on the lower from assembling the LPK, if you’re not looking for them you wouldn't even notice. And the roll pin on the trigger guard is not pushed in all the way since I hadn't decided which miad front strap to use yet. You can either finish it yourself or remove it and use one of the other miad options.

There is also no muzzle device on the rifle but it is threaded so you can throw yours on.

It’s less then 4 months old I bought it when I got my tax return, less then 100 rounds through it without a hiccup. I am looking to get what I paid for it 1300 + FFL fee and shipping if it’s not a face to face deal. That’s what I paid for everything and you don’t have the labor of putting anything together

If your interested in the optics (red dot and 3x module), extra mags (a mix of Pmags, Colt and Okay all USGI spec) , rifle bag, cleaning kits etc make me an offer and we will work out a price depending on what you want. If you’re in Maine I even have some ammo you can have with it, not enough to make it worth paying shipping for someone out of state but probably 130 rounds or so enough to get a feel for it.

If you are not in Maine then we can go the FFL route, I am not sure how to handle the payment out of state as this is my first attempt at selling something on the net but if you’re willing to work with me on finding a method that works for both of us we are golden. (Feel free to post what has worked for others, if you have bought/ sold previously)

PM me questions or offers. This transaction has to be completed by the 2nd week of August, keep that in mind please. That includes payment shipping etc. If the deal isn’t done by August 9th then I will bite the bullet and take what I can get from friends or local gun brokers.

You could probably find a better deal if you looked for a while or built your own, but I am honestly just looking to recoup what I have invested into it, If I wasn’t moving I would surely keep it. So make me an offer and we will talk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, and original paperwork is available with them. I am not intrested in selling them without the rifle though as they are not illegal in CA, if the rifle sells alone then after I might be intrested in parting with them, but my priority is to sell the rifle.

As for California sucking... yes it does, but in the current economy I would rather part with some stuff then turn down a decent job opportunity that will hopefully put me in a position to leave for a better place that doesnt suck.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh funny you mention that. I was actually planning a trip to San Diego to get a couple friends of mine from Cali some range time. Any reviews of the American Shooting Center in San Diego or Iron Sights in Oceanside?

·
Registered
34 Posts
:whistling::2gun::2gun:DONT DO IT Screw California and their wacky arse laws. If it were me that rifle would go "undercover" until A) you move out of that commie crap hole or B) the 2nd American Revolution starts

·
Registered
61 Posts
...cant...see...monitor...through...tears.... MAN that sucks. I just moved out of that craphole. You had better pray to whatever god you pray to that you don't for some reason lose that job, because another one is hard to come by in CA right now.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to make an offer, but your gun is not legal where I live...
Yeah I know that feeling....

...cant...see...monitor...through...tears.... MAN that sucks. I just moved out of that craphole. You had better pray to whatever god you pray to that you don't for some reason lose that job, because another one is hard to come by in CA right now.
Pretty hard to come by them in most of New England too unfortunitly, just the state of the economy.

·
Premium Member
26,028 Posts
Tell you what. Ship it to yourself at my address. When you come to your senses and leave Kalif you can retreive it....
As you are driving I understand there are a number of shops in Nevada that store guns for folks who decide to live outside the USA (Kalifornia) So when they visit free land they can shoot them/have them when they leave.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your gun would be able to be made legal in CA. All you need to do is buy a "Prince 50" or "bullet button". These mods make the weapon a "fixed mag" weapon. All you have to do then in buy some 10 round mags to "fix" in place. To remove the mag with the prince 50 installed all you do is loosen an allen head screw in the mag release which will allow you to depress the button, when you tighten the screw you will not be able to depress the button and thus not be able to remove the mag.

If you have any questions PM me.

My advice is to keep it in case any gun haters become Pres.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just moved out of CA and had kept my AR despite the Ex Post Facto Laws that they passed. It is a joy to shoot it again without fear of illegal jail time. I would have to agree with the others. KEEP IT. Hide it. Burry It. Store It. Whatever, as whoever is the next pres will be a gun grabber and with the newest AWB coming out (despite the Heller decision) you will not be able to get another one if it passes.

Good Luck though.

I tell people all the time. " I would go back to CA I was born and raised after all. I just need a burning bush to tell me to do it. "

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oceanside the land of Oceanslime, oh I've spent some time there alright, back when I was a Boot Marine, hey whereabouts are you in Maine, I'm currently home on leave here in Maine as well for a few more weeks, and may be interested in the AR before I have to pack up and go back to Cali myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kennedy,

Before you sell your rifle at a loss, please educate yourself on the ridiculously complex California laws regarding "assault weapons". The following are links to very good websites with info regarding California laws and what are known in the state as "OLLs", off list lowers. The lower receiver of the AR is the serial numbered firearm. You have a Spikes Tactical lower, which is not in itself banned in California. If your rifle were configured properly with a Bullet Button or Prince 50 fixed magazine kit with a 10 round magazine, your rifle would appear to be legal to possess in California. See the following:
Calguns.net FAQ on off list lowers:
http://calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

Calguns.net flow chart to help you tell whether your rifle is legal:
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Calguns.net website:
http://www.calguns.net/

My preference is for the Bullet Button and a 10 rd mag because there is no way for a rifle with a Bullet Button to accidentally loosen up and make it a regular mag release. The Prince 50 maglock has a set screw which if loosened (accidentally or on purpose) would work like a conventional maglock and would be illegal on a rifle like yours with a pistol grip and telescoping stock.
One vendor for the Bullet Button:
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=265

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oceanside the land of Oceanslime, oh I've spent some time there alright, back when I was a Boot Marine, hey whereabouts are you in Maine, I'm currently home on leave here in Maine as well for a few more weeks, and may be interested in the AR before I have to pack up and go back to Cali myself.
I am in the Augusta / Windsor area

As fo all the other info I guess I will do some reading up tonight after work, If the fixed magazine will make it legal that would be pretty sweet. I thought I had heard something about there being some combination of fixed stocks, pistol grips and muzle devices making them an "assault weapon".

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have a rifle with a fixed magazine of 10rd capacity or less, you can have all the "evil" features like pistol grip, flash suppressor, telescoping stock etc. The CA DOJ definition of a detachable magazine is if the magazine can be removed from the firearm without the use of a tool and specifically says a bullet or cartridge case is considered a tool.

The one caveat is that the CA DOJ is not pro gun and they will not in writing say that the bullet button or Prince 50 maglock is a legal fixed magazine. There have been a few arrests of people with legally configured rifles, but to my knowledge charges were dropped without any convictions. Having said that, I would carry around some of the information in the links I sent you to should a cop decide to hassle you. Read up on Calguns.net, there are probably hundreds of thousands of legally configured off list lowers in the state now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
+1 Don't sell it man!

Kennedy,

Before you sell your rifle at a loss, please educate yourself on the ridiculously complex California laws regarding "assault weapons". The following are links to very good websites with info regarding California laws and what are known in the state as "OLLs", off list lowers. The lower receiver of the AR is the serial numbered firearm. You have a Spikes Tactical lower, which is not in itself banned in California. If your rifle were configured properly with a Bullet Button or Prince 50 fixed magazine kit with a 10 round magazine, your rifle would appear to be legal to possess in California. See the following:
Calguns.net FAQ on off list lowers:
http://calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

Calguns.net flow chart to help you tell whether your rifle is legal:
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Calguns.net website:
http://www.calguns.net/

My preference is for the Bullet Button and a 10 rd mag because there is no way for a rifle with a Bullet Button to be in a CA illegal configuration. The Prince 50 maglock has a set screw which if loosened (accidentally or on purpose) would work like a conventional maglock and would be illegal on a rifle like yours with a pistol grip and telescoping stock.
One vendor for the Bullet Button:
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=265

1 - 19 of 19 Posts