Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got bored with SS and tinkered with my program again. I'm just a few days in, and tonight was heavy (well, heavy for me) metcon. I did a 4:50 Fran, then jumped right into RT's Burpee Conditioning (3 rounds, 2 minutes per round of alternating 30 seconds of burpees and 30 seconds of heavy bag, 1 minute rest between rounds), then went to tabata box jumps (21") and jump rope, alternating each. After I got done, I downed my normal protein fruit smoothie, then I went to walk one of the dogs so I can cool down. Half way into the walk, the smoothie almost came back up. I was seeing stars for a minute there.

That's the closest I've been to meeting Pukie in a while. You guys meet Pukie lately?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Dayum TR, that workout is over the top. :wow:

I was getting close after one of my 20 rep DL works, but I'm sure you were closer.

Man, that's a lot of work.:faint: I'm starting to think you may be nutz.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dayum TR, that workout is over the top. :wow:

I was getting close after one of my 20 rep DL works, but I'm sure you were closer.

Man, that's a lot of work.:faint: I'm starting to think you may be nutz.
CJ, your massive 20 rep DL isn't exactly mainstream, either :tongueout:

Yeah, in the plan I drew up, I'm actually suppose to do Fran in the morning, and then the rest in the evening. I slept in this morning. Maybe almost meeting Pukie was my punishment for skipping Fran in the morning. :supergrin:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
That's a crazy workout!

What has your program been recently? SS? Have you been mixing in metcon?

I tossed my cookies once in the last couple of years. I had eaten some baby carrots about 2 hours before a conditioning workout. I did 3 rounds for time of 30 pushups, 40 situps, and 50 squats. THis is a heinously difficult workout for me because I stink at situps. About 5 min. after the workout, I was looking at shredded carrots. I was dizzy and could barely get to the toilet. My wife said I was pale as a ghost, LOL.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a crazy workout!

What has your program been recently? SS? Have you been mixing in metcon?

I tossed my cookies once in the last couple of years. I had eaten some baby carrots about 2 hours before a conditioning workout. I did 3 rounds for time of 30 pushups, 40 situps, and 50 squats. THis is a heinously difficult workout for me because I stink at situps. About 5 min. after the workout, I was looking at shredded carrots. I was dizzy and could barely get to the toilet. My wife said I was pale as a ghost, LOL.
I just switched off of a very uninspired SS plan - not that Rip's program is uninspired; I mean me. I just switched a convoluted program that I just made up. It has elements of Rip, 20-rep squats, CF and RT. It consists of five 2-a-days, one at-the-track day, and 1 rest day. I just needed a change, and needed to get back to conditioning. There is a Muay Thai gym that will be opening in my 'hood in a couple of months - thinking about joining but need to improve metcon. Plus, trying to trim down a bit to get to my summer weight. I'll try to stick to this plan until the Muay Thai gym opens.

I'll post the program if you guys want to give it a once over and critique it. It's nothing spectacular though - again, just something I threw together.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd love to see it. Please.
Here it is, and some comments. I'd welcome your critique.

• I really like 20-rep squats
  • Dips and pull-ups are on rings
  • I needed more metcon so Mondays and Wednesdays are for that; plus, needed more explosive training
  • All three metabolic pathways worked each week
  • I still need to work on progressions, thus the inclusion Wed eves.
  • Eventually, Mon and Wed eves would be replaced with Muay Thai training
  • Thursday evenings might be replaced with training at an O-lifting club - maybe - because my form still sucks. Until then, Thurs evening is mostly form training.
  • I discovered that the HS track right by my house has 3 large tractor tires so Saturdays are semi-dedicated track days
  • If I feel that I am over-training, then I drop either the morning or evening session on Monday's, or both.
  • Yep, I'm messing with Rip's program - what can I say... sue me :cool:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Wow, thanks a million, TR. That's one heck of a program and quite an inspiration to the rest of us, shall we say, non-20 year olds, LOL.

It seems to me that the stated objective must be to "improve at everything"!! That's Ross' concurrent training at its best!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, thanks a million, TR. That's one heck of a program and quite an inspiration to the rest of us, shall we say, non-20 year olds, LOL.

It seems to me that the stated objective must be to "improve at everything"!! That's Ross' concurrent training at its best!
Thanks...

Your 3 rounds of 30-40-50 for time is very inspirational as well - sure to keep anyone honest.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
DAMN Turbo!

Do you have a red "S" on your chest?

How can you manage 20 rep squats 3 times a week??? That is insane.

I almost met Pukie just reading your program.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The smoothie is where you went wrong.

A. you had it too soon after training
B. the combination of ingredients was not optimal for digestion

1 - 20 of 28 Posts