Almost got thrown out of my gym today...lost my cool.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mcclain210, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

[​IMG]

2. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oh no, I believe Von Hayes 100% of the time. He tells it like it is, the good, the bad and the ugly.

He's a combination of Okie and Huaco Kid.

Tvov, syntaxerrorsix, Bus007 and 5 others like this.

3. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

I'd argue that much of the time, the Marines would laugh him out of the place, and that if they elected to proceed to violence, would most often do so in an intentional and coordinated way, understanding there may well be consequences later.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rsZfcz3h1s

Broadly speaking, people who threaten to do things are usually full of crap, or trying to talk themselves into action.

People who snap, or are enraged can be dangerous, but they don't have a plan, they're just acting out.

The guy you really want to worry about doesn't threaten that he'll throw you in the dumpster, he just walks up and does it, according to his intentional dumpster-throwing game plan that he (and his buddies) have had a few opportunities to practice under varying circumstances.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Responses like this for me:

billkill, Jonesee and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  5. bigbrother1984

bigbrother1984

Do you believe all Marines are so tender and easily riled that they would risk their careers and freedom for something so ridiculous?

I feel sorry for you and your family. It seems you are a bomb just waiting to explode.

As I advised the OP....seek help.

6. Deanster

7. Deanster

I first hit 'like' on this, but I really just approve of the first part - the second part is considerably more-aggressive than I'd sign on to, so I'm just saying that my experience of Marines is as noted here, pretty immune to random comments from suicidal civilians trying to puff themselves up.

They save their recreational violence for intramural activities like fighting Squids. :)

I fully acknowledge there are situations and circumstances where this may not be the case, and the civvie would get a solid ass-kicking.

IamtheNRA and nrajeff like this.
  8. nrajeff

nrajeff

Answer: NO, I do not believe that ALL Marines are like that, but neither do I believe that all Marines are Ghandi-like pacifists in the face of insults to what they hold dear and have dedicated their lives to.

Do YOU believe that NO Marines have ever put a beat-down on anti-military jerks who have insulted their honor?

Do you understand the logical fallacy (false dichotomy, all-or-nothing) you created in your post?

I feel sorry for whoever taught you how to think logically, because whatever technique they tried, it wasn't very successful.

And what kind of help do you feel is needed for someone who merely asked a question like the one I asked?

Do you have "issues" with people who ask questions? Maybe this forum isn't a good place for you to hang out in, if seeing mere questions asked by posters upsets you so.

9. nrajeff

nrajeff

Agreed, and some people seem like they're just asking for a beatdown, and they are doing everything they can to make it happen.

By the way, I liked your reference to the "They called the Enterprise a garbage scow" scene, because it had crossed my mind while I was thinking about what sometimes starts bar fights involving members of the armed forces.

Deanster likes this.
  10. nmk

nmk

There is a big gap between shaking with rage and threatening violence and Ghandi-like pacifism.

bigbrother1984 and Green Dragoon like this.
  11. fg17

fg17

Could go either way.

I’ve spent a LOT of years working in bars and other alcohol venues.
    Off the top of my head.

Seen a guy with a jacket that said “Jesus was a C-word (female anatomy)” on the back in big letters. No one said or did a thing.

Seen a guy get his nose broke simply for wearing a baseball hat with a team emblem that another guy didn’t like.

Twice seen guys assaulted for telling someone F their mother.

Seen guys and gals kick the living crap out of each other arguing over women, men, politics, sports teams, car brands, music, pool and dart games.

nrajeff, Deanster and Rizzo like this.
  12. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Words are just words, but hands on means game on.

Deanster and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  13. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    That’s what I tell my women....

14. Jbritt

Jbritt

My Marine buddy punched a cabby full force in the back of the head after 9/11. He was Arab and made some “remarks” that he shouldn’t have. We almost crashed on 270 around Columbus Ohio. Several of my friends restrained our drunk buddy while I had to smack the **** out of the cabby to get him to shut up and realize that he needs to get the **** out of there before our friend gets loose and kills him. Left us on the side of the freeway lol. Had to wait almost an hour for someone to come get us.

15. Sharkey

Sharkey

FIFY

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

16. bigbrother1984

bigbrother1984

Seek help.

17. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Dude...don't EVER insult the Enterprise...them's fightin' words!

Deanster and fg17 like this.
  18. Ollies930

Ollies930

There is constant quoting here of the "shaking with anger" and how the OP needs to get his anger under control, but you are ignoring the venue. When you are working out, your system is going to be flooded with excess adrenaline while doing or shortly after finishing a heavy set. Your body flooded with adrenaline and seeing something that terribly offends you will easily make your body shake. The other thing to consider is the fact that the OP may be more than willing to potentially go to jail and/or pay a fine so he does not have to look at something so blatantly offensive. He is standing up for his convictions, which in this case is something 99% of the population will agree with as him at least being on the right side of.

nrajeff likes this.
  19. nrajeff

nrajeff

So then maybe you're able to see the big gap between "ALL Marines" and "SOME Marines." And if you do see that gap, please help out poor Little Brother 1984 by explaining it to him, so that he can perhaps see it as well.

20. Lampshade

Lampshade

10/10 for effort on the justification.

DaleGribble and Detectorist like this.