GlockTalk Forum banner

541 - 560 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
If you were a straight, white Christian male between 18-49, America back in "the good old days" was probably paradise.

Anything else, and you'd be begging to jaunt your marginalized and/or persecuted ass to the here and now...
I agree 100%. Even my neighborhood was all WASP and pretty hoity toity. I remember when the first Italian family moved in. Holy smoke...the teeth gnashing that caused. The 60's was a different world indeed.

·
Pinky Out
58,481 Posts
Whether good or bad the OP told a story on a thread that now has 11,000 hits. People are interested.

Most people do not reveal much about themselves on forums and when they do it is only good stuff, not bad or potentially embarrassing stuff.

When you observe real life and then read GT you realize not everyone here is telling the truth.
Are you implying Von didn’t really go bowling yesterday?

·
Registered
8,980 Posts

When you observe real life and then read GT you realize not everyone here is telling the truth.
Is the implication that you think people tell the truth in real life? You seem to to be trying to tell us real life is different than GT as it relates to lying.

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
Is the implication that you think people tell the truth in real life? You seem to to be trying to tell us real life is different than GT as it relates to lying.
Oh, sweetie, you can’t believe everything you read on here!

What a hoot! LOLOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Oh, sweetie, you can’t believe everything you read on here!

What a hoot! LOLOLOLOLOL
I don't know where you got that. Quite the contrary, Flying Dutchman seems to think that people tell the truth in real life. I think people lie everywhere.

If the truth is important to me (whether my ex-neighbors wife slept with postman, is not important to me so I don't care if it is true) I try to verify it through several sources. I don't believe everything I read anywhere. How can everything be true when we have directly different conflicting versions of "the truth"?

·
Aw sheet main
1,548 Posts
Would you have been allowed to wear a F Police BLM shirt anywhere in 1960 America without being confronted? Seems our society was healthier back then with a stronger immune system to repel such deviance.

Would an off duty policeman working out at the gym confront the man? Probably not as I think of a friend of mine who is a corrections officer counting down the days to retirement.

He said the worst part of the job is 8 hours of insults from the inmates. Even though these people are the scum of the earth it can wear you down and of course he cannot retaliate without losing his job.

Seems the laws are in the bad guys' favor for now anyway.
How often do we mock snowflakes for getting triggered by words?

I'm all for the OP being offended, but to the point of shaking and threatening someone? Sounds more like Antifa, democrats, and BLM than 3 Percent.

ETA: [tongueincheek] A true American and patriot would have issued a beat down of this communist, and then asked him if he was going to call F-12. After all, there is no better way to demonstrate the need for LE than to make someone need them. And someone wearing such a shirt is not going to call 911 anyway, so the OP was presented a freebie. The OP was actually very weak in his dealing with this heinous sensitivities offender[/tongueincheek]

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
I don't know where you got that. Quite the contrary, Flying Dutchman seems to think that people tell the truth in real life. I think people lie everywhere.
Agree 100%. Like House says, "everybody lies."

I was responding to your question about how real life is different than GT, as it relates to lying.

The point I was making is that it's much easier to do it on online forums than in real life.

For example, if I were to try to tell you in real life that I'm a 35-year old swimwear model in an industry where they're over the hill by 24, who's apparently very successful despite not having an Instagram or Snapchat account (like literally every other model in the biz) and posts from the only laptop on the planet that can run the current iteration of Glocktalk without being able to upload/post pics, I would think you could see through it pretty easily, vs on here. :headscratch:

·
Registered
8,980 Posts

I was responding to your question about how real life is different than GT, as it relates to lying.

The point I was making is that it's much easier to do it on online forums than in real life.

For example, if I were to try to tell you in real life that I'm a 35-year old swimwear model in an industry where they're over the hill by 24, who's apparently very successful despite not having an Instagram or Snapchat account (like literally every other model in the biz) and posts from the only laptop on the planet that can run the current iteration of Glocktalk without being able to upload/post pics, I would think you could see through it pretty easily, vs on here. :headscratch:
In real life they just pick different lies. I don't use dating apps, but I hear that sometimes that the person that shows up for the date, does not exactly their photo, or description. If they lie on here you are out nothing. If they lie in real life, you are out the money and time it cost you to drive across town to meet them, and maybe a drink or dinner depending how nice a guy you are.

Lies here are often of no consequence. In real life, there are often consequences for both sides.

·
Come on man!!
14,348 Posts

Yet the fairy tale lives on...

Reactions: Joshhtn and Rizzo

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Getting back to the issue of how much self control is normal when confronted by offensive, inflammatory insults:

If a U.S. Marine is sitting in a bar and some idiot walks up to him and yells "Marines are wussies and cowards, screw the Marines" what is the probability that the idiot is going to be uninjured?

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
541 - 560 of 611 Posts