close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Almost bought the wrong ammo!

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by KiloBravo, Apr 5, 2010.

1. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I just wanted to throw this out there for everybody as a heads up. I am sure a lot of you probably already know this, but Winchester boxes more than just hollowpoint ammo in their "Ranger" line of ammunition.

I cannot remember what website it was, but I was browsing one the other day and saw a pic of the Ranger box of 50 rds 9MM for less than $20 each!!!

I started to place the order and then realized it was labeled as NATO FMJ ammunition. :faint:I never saw that stuff packaged in those boxes before, and am very glad I found out before the order was completed.

Just a fair warning out there to all of you online ammo ordering buffs. When something looks to good to be true, it most likely is.

2. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

There are also Ranger-SXTs (previous gen bullet) and Ranger bonded that failed LE QC out there. Every line item has a link to a more detailed description. Use it before buying. Shame on you if you don't fully understand what you are buying.

3. KiloBravo

I could not agree more. If I had completed the purchase and received the ammo, then it would have been all on me. I am not denying that. I was just throwing this out there for all to read to help them avoid making the same mistake I almost made.

4. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

The NATO Ranger you almost bought is actually good ammo. It is essentially 124+p FMJ IIRC. It is (obviously) more expensive than your typical WWB.

5. rondre3000

rondre3000

^+1. I've put a few hundred rds of this stuff thru a Glock 19 and it runs fine. Have another 500rds of it stashed away.

6. KiloBravo

That is very cool. I had never heard of it before yesterday. Might have to get some after all to try out.

7. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

I get cancel orders from customers that did not read until after they buy some times.