close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Allowable Mods to Stock

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Bamboozled!!!, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Bamboozled!!!

Bamboozled!!!

Under Section 40.40 of the "Glock Report 2005 Reference Edition", it states that "Firing pins (modified/aftermarket)" and "Connectors (modified/aftermarket)" are not allowed.

*(This "modified" clause is new. Previously, as long as a part was marketed by Glock, you could use modified versions in stock class. Aftermarket has always been disallowed.)*

Is polishing of parts considered "modification" under the stock gun rules?

Please forgive me if I am repeating a question already answered, but my searches of GT have not been fruitful.

Edited to add all between *

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I think polishing is allowed, but changing the geometry of a stock part is not. This is only my opinion.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i would think danny is correct. as long as it's a stock part in the original size and shape you're good. i've been to more than a couple of matches and have never seen a gun "teched" i've also been to a match, or two, the one of the GSSF (match director) was ROing a stage and the shooter in a stock class was shooting a KKM barrel. maybe the RO never noticed but i did and just for my own satisfaction i ask what kind of barrel he had. all in all if you're a good shooter aftermarket/modified parts aren't going to improve your scores much and if you're a bad shooter the same applies and it'll hurt more to get spanked by someone running a stock glock.

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

you can't buy a match with magic parts.

I would hope that you could get D Qed for trying to CHEAT.

5. Krag

Krag Guest

I'm not trying to cast dispersions :upeyes: but I shot GSSF for over fifteen years and it was my observation that many (most?) of the "experienced" Glockers had made modifications - mostly internal - to their Stock pistols.

We used to joke that that if the GSSF staff ever started tech checking pistols that attendence would drop dramatically! :rofl:

I mean, let's be honest about it, why should a Glock Grip Plug or a fiber optic front sight bounce you into Unlimited Class? :steamed: That's one reason I quit shooting GSSF three years ago.

6. outsider0506

outsider0506

I'd agree with that statement. Since the 3.5lb connectors by Glock are hard to come by, I'd wager that at least half of the competitors would get DQd for using some other brand connector.

7. Archangel Mike

Archangel Mike

Fiber Optics are legal now. So are the "express" sights (shallow "V" rear, very large dot front).

One of the GSSF staff once told me that with NEW shooters, he won't make an issue of aftermarket equipment UNLESS the shooter was obviously trying to gain a competitive advantage OR it caused the gun to malfunction, thereby delaying the match and wasting everybody's time. He WOULD explain the rules and said he expected them to be followed at the next match that that competitor attended.

:angel:

8. Bamboozled!!!

Bamboozled!!!

Good 1 Krag.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I prefer to polish my internals (NOT a euphemism for something dirty :supergrin: ), and I wanted to know if I needed to replace those pieces when I shoot GSSF.

9. Krag

Krag Guest

Well, I'm glad to hear that about fiber optic sights. A ray of hope? :hugs:

Honestly people, over the years I met many GSSF shooters a, not inconsiderable, number of whom had installed Lightning Strike titanium strikers, safety plungers, Wolff springs, modified trigger units, etc., etc.

I will readily admit that for the vast majority of them it did little to enhance their chances of winning but there were some dudes (and dudettes) who were big winners who were shooting modified guns. :steamed: But then, every sport has its gamers and what are you going to do about it?