All Steel Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by UniversalBrow06, Sep 1, 2007.

1. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

I'm sure people have asked this question before, but I guess I'll just ask it again.

What's the general consensus on CCF Raceframes? I'd love one for a G19 but I guess the G17 is as close as it's gonna get. How much heavier is the Stainless frame? Does it noticeably effect recoil?

Are they reliable? They seem to be an improvement over the 3rd generation frame, but they have done quite a bit of tweaking to it. In your experience, do they feel better in the hand? Are they that much of an improvement over the 3rd generation design? How does the material and finish feel in the palm?

They even claim that trigger feel is improved due to more solid construction. I have my doubts but who knows. Any improvement on trigger pull is a plus in my book.

Finally, I see the 1911 backstrap insert and it makes the grip overall look very small, almost too small. I almost would think that it would compromise the overall handhold, like if I were to put it on a G18, it would jiggle right out of my hands (but then again, I don't have an 18).

they Look like quality products and the idea sure sounds good on paper. Anyone have extensive personal experience with the G17 stainless frame offering?

2. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

What is the allure of the steel frame?

3. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

Maybe I'm one of those brainwashed all-steel kinda guys (although I have no problems really with polymers). I don't mind carting the extra weight around. I'm mostly interested in the design and backstrap interchangeability though.

They also come in two other flavors, just in case you can't stand stainless steel.

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

4. edrobert

edrobert

I want one.....my next project involves a Stainess Steel CCF Raceframe and a Stainless steel LWD G35 slide/barrel!!! As for the allure....just want someting different, and an all steel Glock would be different. Honestly, the Glock pistol is wonderful...but about as boring as it gets. So why not mix it up and do something different. I think an all steel Glock would be the ultimate in a fun range tool next to my 1911's!