close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

All set to buy a Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by supercrew, Jul 30, 2012.

1. supercrew

supercrew

Not having been around for a while, I was amazed at the problems cited on this forum and others about current Glock models. After 12 years of happiness from my Gen 2 model 19, I was thinking about buying another 9mm Glock and really thought it would be a no brainer after deciding on a 26 or 17.

Now I find "total happiness" ain't no more because of the ejector issues.

Since there still seems to be a lot of happy new Glock owners is it just "the luck of the draw" in getting a new Gen 4 or Gen 3 that does not have problems? Are there more new ones coming off the assembly line that don't malfunction than those that do?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

This forum has become a complaint forum. Happy Glock owners like me are not very welcome. I have a Gen4 G17, G19, G26 and G37 and all have been flawless without any upgrades or modifications. I am awaiting release of the Gen4 G38 and G39.

3. G19dude

G19dude

Get a Gen4. You'll be very happy with it.

4. Slackinoff

Slackinoff

My gen4 g19 purchased last week has been perfection. Strong ejection, and no brass/steel in my face either. I accidentally loaded some 9mm into my g23 mags and the gun didn't fuss about it. I don't know what that tells you...I guess my gen4 is not a little titty baby like some folks make it seem.

5. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

I am a happy Glock owner. My Gen 4 26 and 19 are fine after 900 rounds. Mine have the 30274 ejector. I am going to get a Gen 4 17. I believe the issues have been resolved. Google high round count Gen 4's. You can have issues with anything but I believe it is a small percentage in this case. No matter what the product those who have issues will be more vocal than those without. I have a Shield and the same thing goes on at the Smith Forums. Check out the Berreta Nano forum or the XD forums. You will find the same thing to one degree or another. Anything mass produced, no matter who the manufacture is will have problems from time to time.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. wrecks24

wrecks24

Reading these posts will only make it worse, buy the gun and if it has issues, deal with the issue. I have let the internet lead me to believe that my 19 sucks, and that is just not the case. Of course there are some problematic guns, but every maker has some.

7. thinblueline90

thinblueline90 Always Watching

I have a gen 4 22 and shoot weekly at least 200 rds my friend also has one and shoots more than i there hasn't been a problem with either weapon at all. I'm a neat freak when it comes to my weapons and clean mine after every shoot he doesn't care as much and might clean once a month if he feels like it. Long story short. I absolutly love my gen 4 glock.

8. DocWills

DocWills

Very happy, no major mods, shoot good ammo. Waiting on a gen 4 30, soon hopefully.

9. pochis

pochis

don't mean to have dought in what anyone says but like Danny said i have never had problems with any of my glocks new or used.:faint:

10. Islander1

Islander1

I've had my Gen 3 G19 for about a year. It has about 2500 rounds through it. It runs perfect with none of the problems that people talk about.

11. supercrew

supercrew

Thanks for the replys. I know those with problems on any product will be the ones to post. I sympathize with them but man, sure seemed to be a lot of unhappy Glock owners. I'll go back to shopping for my next Glock. But to be honest, I don't want to buy it under the idea I'll deal with the problems later. I'm guessing if Glock wants the gun back to fix, you pay the postage, and that can get expensive. Again, thanks for the positive comments.

12. tacmc6

tacmc6

As Slackinoff stated, I too have accidentally loaded the wrong caliber into my Glock. (.380 into my G19). Weapon still fired but not enoungh umph to blow back the slide and eject the empty. Thought it was a squib load from my WWB. But all turned out okay after checking the barrel.

13. PROderboom

PROderboom

Don't over read any complaints. I'd also go with the G17, but that's just me. Choosing between Gen 3 and Gen 4 is solely based on personal preference.

14. Breadman03

Breadman03

This is the biggest (to my knowledge) Glock forum. Take every complaint mentioned here, multiply by four, and you still have a tiny percentage of Glocks with an issue.

15. Tx_Angus

Tx_Angus Wage Slave

Glocks are still very fine guns. There is a lot of pain and unhappiness in the world right now....

16. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Both my Gen 4 Glocks have been a pleasure, just like my Gen 3 Glocks. My FDE Gen 4 G19 is serving me well for IDPA, the Gen 3 G19 just sits in the range bag as a backup hoping for a chance to come out and play, but I'm having too much fun with the Gen 4 gun.

As has been stated, go get whichever you want, I much preferred the grip texture and larger magazine release on the Gen 4 guns, the difference in recoil is so minimal IMHO that it shouldn't even be a factor when deciding Gen 3 VS Gen 4.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  17. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

the ejection issue is just internet-hysteria....buy with confidence.......(extreme sarcasm injected into post)

18. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

You can't read a single thread on a Gen 4 gun without typing a complaint can you...........:rofl:

19. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

This right here, good posting.

20. SpeedyG17

SpeedyG17

I have both a late model Gen 3 17 and 19 and both of them have hit me in the face with brass twice out of the 1200 rounds of various makers put through them. 1/600 shot in taking BTF from two of the best shooting handguns I have ever fired. I'll take it.