Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,949 Posts
At this point, it would be a 686 Competitor. I'd be interested in trying it out for Bullseye and pins. I've held off, due to so many reports of shoddy workmanship from S&W on their new guns. Seems like a lot to pay for a gun that may have these issues. I actually drove by a big local LGS on my way to the range and did not stop. Truthfully, though, I was low on sleep.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I bought these two together a few months back. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
I’d forgotten how much fun a revolver was!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Picked these up a few weeks ago, two days apart, two separate sellers and I only have $581 in the pair.
Ruger SP101 4.2” 357 mag
S&W 640-1 357 mag
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,949 Posts
I love my Glock's and my 1911's, but there's something about a revolver that stirs my soul. I've got a Cimarron Eliminator 8 on order, can't wait!
This is a picture thread! Sheesh. And you're from the show-me state. I got it for you. :flag:
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Product

·
NRA Benefactor
5,722 Posts
I guess it would be the 627 Pro Series and PC 929 and probably something else that I can't remember. Pics to come later...if I can remember.

Reactions: crockett

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Y'all are probably sick of seeing and hearing about mine. Too bad.

Model 29-2 (44 Magnum)

Model 57 (41 Magnum)

Model 66-1 (357 Magnum)

Model 18-4 (22 LR)

·
Stepping down to the gin palace
8,904 Posts
Y'all are probably sick of seeing and hearing about mine. Too bad.

Model 29-2 (44 Magnum)

Model 57 (41 Magnum)

Model 66-1 (357 Magnum)

Model 18-4 (22 LR)

It is nice to see S&w revolvers without those unGodly idiot holes! Nice collection! I will unashamedly admit that Model 57 gives me a chub! :hearts:

·
Registered
33,495 Posts
At this point, it would be a 686 Competitor. I'd be interested in trying it out for Bullseye and pins. I've held off, due to so many reports of shoddy workmanship from S&W on their new guns. Seems like a lot to pay for a gun that may have these issues. I actually drove by a big local LGS on my way to the range and did not stop. Truthfully, though, I was low on sleep.
View attachment 393630
I’m at 6’s and 7’s about this one. Cool looking. That cylinder release looks slightly awkward and I could see mixing up the hammer with this fairly easily. Now if they made it a 6 O’clock shooter, THAT would make up for it.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
My first wheel gun, 300 bucks into the Windicator. Functions flawlessly, and is surprisingly accurate for a 2" barrel. Pretty mild shooting 38, a real flame thrower with 357.

Actively looking for a Ruger Toklat.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I picked these two up the same day, two different places. 4” 10-5 made in 1970. Pretty good condition. Then found the 2” in box, I fired except two cylinder from factory. Showed shipped 10/1967, also a 10-5

Also found this guy. Has wearing on one side of the cylinder only, not much else. Looked like it was loaded and carried and never really unloaded or shot. Now my OCD always loads the wear part in the same place

A couple of my new production ones. They shoot just fine. Really like that 66-8.

I’ve got a few others and some Rugers. But don’t have any photos of them.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,949 Posts
What I actually bought last was a 625-8 JM. I put off the purchase for the same quality control issues I noted above. But I found a used one in the LGS on consignment with a sweet trigger. Cost me about $8 for the scope mount. Here it is with a couple targets I shot yesterday offhand at 50'. I'm posting these every chance I get.
White Circle Shooting sport Recreation Shooting
Shooting sport Shooting Circle Recreation Sport venue
Revolver Fashion accessory

1 - 20 of 219 Posts