Glock Talk banner

all new glock 22 pistols having issues?

1551 Views 20 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Aquanewt
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=570411

Hello,

I am looking for an answer to this thread. Are they really messed up? Some say the new dust cover plate is the issue. Also did they design a fully supported barrel? I want to buy one soon but am hesitant now. Help me out guys

thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
829 Posts
Looking at 16 new Glocks here, I noticed the frame rails were not straight; they were slightly bowed. The lights (Glock, Insight, Surefire) had to be pounded on and pried off. That was w G17/19 and 22/23. Somebody in QC is napping. :alien:

· Registered
829 Posts
Glock does not call anything back, usually they wait for you to call them. Even if it's a problem they are aware of. ;)

Several years ago when Glock messed up the frame rails, even after several PDs notified them, even after the problem hit the net, they didn't recall anything. Left plenty of suspect/defective guns out there in holsters to be used and on shelves to be sold. If you wanted one of the replacement frames they had ready to go, you had to call them.

The local sheriff had 4 of 200 new Glocks break the first few rounds put through them. Glock said, yeah, we know about that, it's rare (4 of 200?), don't worry about it. They said keep using them, let us know if anymore break, we will replace those 4. The sheriff told his guys and gals to stop using all the new guns, and told Glock they would replace all of the new guns. Glock did, after the local story leaked to the press/net. Everybody else still had to know to call Glock if they wanted replacements.

Worked well enough before, should work well enough again. :alien:

· Registered
829 Posts
I musta ruffled some feathers over there too, cuzz I can't post anymore either. Questions to the administrators go unanswered.

Should come to our ranges; I've seen the remains of several Glocks. And other guns.

Was standing next to a new Ruger GP100 that blew the cylinder w a round of Federal factory ammo. Still trust mine.

Stuff happens. To everybody sooner or later.

No need to get carried away in either direction: fear and loathing or delusional denial. :alien:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.