close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ALL G35 SHOOTERS....UNITE lol

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chrisbritt15, Jul 29, 2012.

1. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

After some research and a lot of thought I have considered buying a conversion barrel for my 35 in .357 sig, I can not think of a disadvantage, im not going to lose any rounds, just a little smaller bullet but a lot higher velocities. Wondering if anyone that has a g35 and has used this conversion has any type of review or advice, im looking at a storm lake barrel. i dont really want a lone wolf barrel, i bought a match grade barrel for my 35 and had alot of problems out of it. Any advice or reasons why i shouldnt would be appreciated thanks

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I selected LoneWolf for both the 9mm and .357 conversion on my G35 - No problems with either!

They both run great, accurate for sure, recoil on the 9mm is soft and very controlable... .357 is 'authorative' and shoots to point of aim for me.

I have KKM barrels as well - they cost more - and I can't tell the difference... so I went with LoneWolf from there out.

Just so you know - It's not really a conversion - the barrel OD for the .40 and .357 is identical - you can use a Glock OEM for this, but it seems to me the LoneWolf is still less expensive.

That's my way of thinking.. Hope it helps you out.

Patrick

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

3. JBP55

JBP55

KKM makes a good conversion barrel.

4. Tombo 65

Tombo 65

I have a G35, and my brother has a G24. My brother has a KKM 357sig barrel for his G24 and it is a real hoot to shoot. It has functioned flawlessly, and the fit/finish is superior to LWD (plus no goofy werewolf on the hood). It was pricier than the LWD barrel. My favorite 357sig is the G32, or the G23 with a OEM Glock 32 barrel. I carried one of these for a while, and it was reliable, accurate, and packed a lot of punch. My daughter wanted the G23, so I no longer have it, but I plan on getting another with both the 40s&w and the 357sig barrel.

I haven't chrono'ed the velocity increase in the 357sig G24 barrel over a G31 or G32 with the same ammo, but the felt recoil is noticably higher than a G31 or G32 with the same ammo. I suspect the velocity is 100fps faster at least, but that's just a stupid guestimate.

I don't have a 357sig barrel for my G35. I thought about getting one, but I reload, and 357sig sounds like it's more finicky to reload for than 40s&w. I get great results from both my G22 and G35 with 155gr jhp, 165gr jhp, and 200gr WFNGC hardcast. Without question the 200gr hardcast are the most accurate. I am getting about 1000fps with them and they pack a real punch. Fairly light recoil, too. Less of a snap and more of a push. Closer to 45acp recoil impulse than typical snappy 40s&w.

My brother is also shooting 9x25 Dillon in a conversion barrel in his G20. If you want small and fast, that's the way to go. He's getting about 1800 or 1900 out of a 90gr bullet. I prefer heavier bullets at more moderate velocities, but if you like fast and hot but don't reload there are plenty of good 40s&w factory loads that should satisfy. I think the 40 is very highly under-rated.

5. AK74play

AK74play

I have a Barsto 357 sig barrel for my 35 and a LWD 357 sig barrel for my 24 and they are both awsome and have been flawless. If I had to do it again, knowing what I know now, they would both have been LWD barrels. Every bit as accurate as my Barsto for a LOT less money.

6. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Patrick, in this case it really is a conversion barrel because Glock never made a Practical/Tactial model in 357 SIG so there is no factory barrel option for that model.

7. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

yeah i was going to asking what OEM barrel he used, because i hadn't heard of it, lol.

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

+1 for KKM. I have a stock-length barrel for my G20SF, and I've been thinking about adding one for my G35. Mine is a Gen4, so I'll have to call to see if the cutout for the RSA has been updated, like Glock did for the G31 barrel. I ordered one for my G22, and the RSA half-moon cutout is identical on both the G22 and G31 barrels.

Regarding .357SIG reloading, it's the same as any other caliber, particularly with the .40S&W/10mm/.357SIG. They all use the same shellplate on my single-stage, so I decap there and run them through a Redding G-Rx die to size the entire length of the case. It is a few more steps to do for those rounds, but all of them can spin freely in their respective case gauges and barrels after they're loaded out.

The great thing about reloading .357SIG is that the cost factor goes away. I like the Speer 125 gr. TMJ bullets, along with Hornady 124 gr. XTP. I'm awaiting the arrival of some Remington CTF frangible 90 and 100 gr. bullets which were on sale for $19.99/box of 500 and am curious to know how those will do in this caliber.

Anyhow, these should run a lot faster than the 125 gr. factory ammo which I chronographed at an avg. of 1300 fps from an XD Tactical, which has a 5" barrel. That's what I'd expect from a "normal" load going through the G35 with the .357SIG barrel.

9. avenues165

avenues165

I have a LWD 357 sig barrel for my G24, and it runs perfectly. I have shot about 1,500 rounds of .40 and ~1,500 rounds of 357 sig through my G24. In all of those rounds I have had two failures to feed, both with the .40 s&w barrel using Fiocchi 165gr. TCEB.

The barrel shoots more accurately than I do.

One thing to note is that the edges of the barrel hood were really sharp on the LWD 357 sig barrel. I noticed it was causing accelerated wear on the inside of my slide, so I rounded the edges off a little. Folks that have had both tend to agree that the KKM barrels are finished nicer.

Based on my experience with the LWD 357 sig barrel, I plan to buy a LWD 40-9mm conversion barrel for it when I can afford it.

The sig round out of that 6" barrel is a lot of fun. It gets to 100 yards really quick. I find that I only shoot the .40 s&w out of it because the plinking ammo is a little cheaper. If they were the same price I would only shoot 357 sig out of my G24.

10. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort

I have both 357Sig and 9X19 barrels for mine: awesome! Glock NEEDS to do this as a factory gun. Or at least make the barrels for us.

Or, they could simply continue giving away the business to other companies - like Lonewolf.... :faint: