Alien Gear Shape Shift Holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by NYGLOCK27, Oct 29, 2020.

1. NYGLOCK27

NYGLOCK27

I carry a Glock 27 in .40 cal. A friend of mine recently bought an Ailen Gear Shape Shift holster for his Glock and raves about it. Was looking for feedback, if anyone here uses ailen gear holsters, or has that model. What do you think about it? Like it? Hate it? Why ? Looking foward to hearing your input , thanks.

2. Justamessenger

Justamessenger

I bought the basic combo used, but it was missing a connector, so while I was ordering the part, I picked up a shell for a second gun.
    The combo allows someone new to carrying the ability to try out various configurations; in the waistband (two belt clips), appendix IWB (single clip), OWB paddle, OWB belt slide. In my case, I like the appendix with my subcompact, a Shield 45 that is a little smaller than your 27. I tried the larger IWB with my 19, but never seem to grab that one when I leave the house. As for the other styles, I find that the paddle sticks out too far for me, and I don’t want to undo my belt to remove a holster.
    If you know what holster you want, you should order that, but if you don’t know what you want, the combo will get you pretty close with one purchase.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020

3. Pontoof

Pontoof

Good things about AlienGear holsters is their 30-day test-drive,if you don't like it just return for full refund. I used the return/refund a few years back when I got a Cloak Tuck 3.0(took up too much real estate on belt). They have reconfigured/downsized it and added some new features in the Cloak Tuck 3.5 which I should receive tomorrow(for Sig P365XL with red dot sights).

AlienGear has a forever warranty; you break it they fix it or replace it.

If you read the return policies of some holster makers(G-Code comes to mind)they state that there may/will(?) be a 15% restocking charge; they have the option to not accept return if it has been used(tried on ?) blah blah Please don't quote me here I'm going from memory. Good idea to read the makers' return policies.

Pretty sure the AlienGear holsters are polymer; not kydex if that matters to you.

I would definitely try a Bravo Concealment IWB holster but they do not yet make a holster for the Sig P365XL with optics.

4. unit1069

unit1069

I've got a couple of the Cloak Tuck holsters and like them a lot. High tight fit to the body and adjustable to boot. The option of additional shells at a low price is a big plus, although I haven't ordered any of them yet. I can't give an opinion on the Shape Shift model.

5. bfg1971

bfg1971

I am waiting for my shape shifter 4.0 to arrive. I'll try to revisit the thread once I get it.

6. Pontoof

Pontoof

Waitin for the snail mail express to drop off my Gear from the Aliens 3.5 Cl.Tk.

You'd think there's a mail glut or somethin.

7. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

I found the shapeshifter appendix model sucked. It is thick, the gun rode high and extended out ( printing) if I gained any sort of a belly.

The cloak wasn’t bad. And the belly band/ holster for its models is thick but pretty good. It’s secure unlike a lot of other belly bands.

equin likes this.
  8. yep380

yep380

I briefly considered getting the shapeshifter kit a while ago. At the end of the day it struck me as having a lot of moving parts, clips and clamps, and looked bigger than it needed to be.

Simple things should be simple; I buy quality single purpose built holsters and doing so has served me well.

9. youngde811

youngde811

For me, the Shape Shift 4.0 IWB outclasses everything else I've tried, and there've been a bunch. I carry either a Glock 19 or 23. Wonderfully comfortable.

Cheers.

10. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

I carry in an earlier alien gear iwb. I love it. Extremely comfortable and I have other shells for it so I can quickly change guns as the seasons change. It's not as convenient as a single clip holster, but it's a whole lot more comfortable.

youngde811 likes this.
  11. equin

equin

Their belly band is the main reason I tried Alien Gear to begin with. I like how their belly band can use any one of their IWB holsters rather than just rely on a sewn in pouch to hold and retain the gun. It just seems more secure that way. I’m just wondering if other brands of IWB holsters are compatible with their belly band.

12. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Try the tacipac holsters.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-hz9...cts/92/406/IMG_5837__68715.1494621708.JPG?c=2

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-hz9...cts/92/406/IMG_5837__68715.1494621708.JPG?c=2

Great holsters for sweatpants or shorts

equin likes this.
  13. Delndskyjmpr

Delndskyjmpr

One thing I like most about Alien Gear for IWB is the neoprene lining, super comfortable and contours to my body.

I have 2 Shapeshifts and 2 Cloaktuks with a spare 3rd shell. I prefer the Cloak hands down for IWB. When the Shafeshift is set up for IWB, be aware that if you need to make a pit stop, there is nothing keeping the shell fully supported to the liner since it’s only connected at the front side, the back portion of the shell will relax and your pistol could easily fall out if ur not careful or aware when your pants are undone. Here’s a pic that I’m referencing... image.jpg