Glock Talk banner

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster Issues

1227 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  gunsmoke92
So I just received my AG Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster and I am really disappointed in it. I put it on and it felt great but when I go to reholster my G19 the opening on the holster collapses so I need to use two hands to put the gun back in. I have tried everything to adjusting the retention to adjusting the cant and ride height but... it still will not stay open. It seems like the backing is closing in towards the shell, it's so tight that it scratched the hell out of my slide on the G19. I am open to any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong. I'm wearing the holster at about 4:00 - 4:30 and I am using a Beltman 1.5" leather belt. On a different note my Remora No clip holster is the Bomb!!! Anyways any help before I send the AG holster back would be great.

Thanks.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Have you just let the handgun sit in the holster for a while?

Is your belt too tight?

I'm sure you know, but with a good belt, there's no reason to over tighten it down. Indeed, it can impede the function of some holsters.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you just let the handgun sit in the holster for a while?

Is your belt too tight?

I'm sure you know, but with a good belt, there's no reason to over tighten it down. Indeed, it can impede the function of some holsters.
Hey Decutor,

I didn't let the gun sit in the Holster... but with the holster off the gun slides right in with no problems. The belt is not too tight.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

· Registered
3,942 Posts
I believe this is why they developed the version 3.0. It is supposed to have a piece of spring steel in the backing to prevent it from closing in on the shell. They have a great warranty that states if you don't like it return it for a full refund. Give them a call and explain you dilemma, maybe they will swap you a 3.0 back in exchange for the 2.0 you currently have. It may cost a couple bucks for shipping, but right now, what have you got to loose? Good Luck and good shooting.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
I just ordered a 3.0 backer to upgrade my 2.0
I have the same issue with mine and also the plastic liner in the very middle always cracks and breaks over time. I hope the steel liner in the 3.0 helps.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
I just got a new one with a pistol I just bought. The back part is leather... no stitching as pictured above or on the 2.0 booklet enclosed with it. I've only worn it around the house a few times to see how it feels.

· Registered
3,942 Posts
If you have one with the leather base, you've got the original version. Over time, the leather will break in and conform to your body, making it very comfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.