Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always known they're great triggers but damn, everybody's inventory is dried up. I put these in all my CQC builds, but today I can't find one. I guess I'll backorder one.
Sorry, rant over.

·
Premium Member
42,135 Posts
I've always known they're great triggers but damn, everybody's inventory is dried up. I put these in all my CQC builds, but today I can't find one. I guess I'll backorder one.
Sorry, rant over.
parts are a bit scarce lately. I may have a new one in package, if I can find it, I might let it go. I usually keep a few spares about.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have an ALG ACT in one rifle and just finished a build with BCM’s similar trigger offering. Initial trigger time suggests to me they are very comparable—you could try a BCM?

Reactions: J-Doo

·
Registered
938 Posts
Oh I would say that for me the LaRue trigger is a much better trigger for just a few bucks more and worth the added investment. Personally I'd opt for the LaRue for the $20 difference as it's just on another level goodness.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found one. Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
42,135 Posts
Well good deal. Many parts are very scarce lately.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Oh I would say that for me the LaRue trigger is a much better trigger for just a few bucks more and worth the added investment. Personally I'd opt for the LaRue for the $20 difference as it's just on another level goodness.
Amen, I am replacing all my ALG triggers with Larue's MBT-2S. I will never put a single stage in my ARs again.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Amen, I am replacing all my ALG triggers with Larue's MBT-2S. I will never put a single stage in my ARs again.
Well I'd make the exception with my JP Enterprise single stage, breaks like a glass rod and feels just right and is an excellent trigger that doesn't seem to get any love but I'd buy another without a doubt. The MBT-2s is worth more than they cost though by a long shot, I have a couple of them and my soon get another.

·
NRA Life Member
13,382 Posts
Both the ALG and the Larue are combat style triggers. They aren't match triggers. I personally like a two stage trigger since all my match shooting has been done with a two stage but many people despise them. I'm ok with a single stage as well. I have found the ALG a little lighter on the break and both are reasonably crisp. Larue comes with a standard and lighter hammer spring but they will tell you the lightweight might cause reliability issues--light strikes--so beware if ultimate reliability is your concern... Same rule applies to buffers.... The heavier buffers were designed for specific systems (and even then only for full auto guns where bolt bounce and light strikes were a problem due to harmonic issues---this has never been a concern in semi-auto guns) While the heavy buffers might make your gun seem to shoot softer they also can cause reliability issues when the temps drop and ammo and chamber pressures fall as well. Only real way to tell is by freezing your gun and ammo overnight and give it a whirl. If you live in Arizona who gives a crap. But if you live in Wisconsin or Maine or Montana it might be an issue. Of course few people actually go out shooting in the bitter cold and experience this...so its a moot point...until its not. In spite of the crap you read on the internet the standard 3.0 ounce carbine buffer is the gold standard for reliability with a carbine length rifle.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like BCM's PNT trigger is a dupe of the ALG ACT?

·
Registered
31,818 Posts
I've been happy with my ALG ACT. Definitely better than your typical mil-spec stock single stage.

·
Premium Member
42,135 Posts
I've been happy with my ALG ACT. Definitely better than your typical mil-spec stock single stage.

Really, the ALG and the BCM are VERY close. Really cant go wrong with either

1 - 15 of 15 Posts