Alexander Vindman Gets the Boot (Updated)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by robhic, Nov 11, 2019.

1. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Alexander Vindman has emerged as one of the more underhanded, manipulative “witnesses” in the current impeachment inquiry. His arrogance has been on full display, including during his testimony where he repeatedly fluffed himself and proclaimed he alone was the most knowledgeable person on Ukrainian matters.

OOPS! Looks like the greatest witness and all-around good person has been deemed "Not-So-Much"....

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/11/10/alexander-vindman-gets-boot/

2. NMG26

NMG26

Nail him to the wall

3. bdcochran

bdcochran

There is going to be an interesting impeachment hearing program.

Imagine that you are a Blue Dog Democrat. You are constantly doing calculations on your prospective votes.

Voting for an impeachment inquiry doesn't risk your future. All that is happening is that you are voting to ask questions.

You don't sit on the specific Committee. You have no influence over the Chairman who can reject Republican proposed witnesses, some of whom will be rejected. Now, only 8 were proposed by the Republicans who were given a 72 hour deadline.

Now the vote calculation becomes more difficult.

The Chairman of the Committee has rejected the proposed public examination of the so-called whistle-blower. The guy or gal has attorneys who have rejected any oral testimony. If the Chairman had allowed the testimony and it were shown to be second hand, then the investigation would fizzle and the Blue Dog would be safe.

You reflect back to a certain majority leader telling the public that no one had read the Obamacare legislation and there was time to read it after it was passed - and 64 Democratic House Representatives took gas at the mid term elections. You can hear the proposed refrain when she asks you for your party line vote: "the other Chamber will do the trial so you won't have any responsibility for your vote".

Johnix and Officer's Match like this.
  4. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

How many here are still foolish enough to think that serving in the military makes you patriotic and not liberal?

Mtnfolk75, Critch, bdcochran and 3 others like this.
  5. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut? Silver Member

Nailed to the wall? He'll probably get a promotion out of this.

paul45 likes this.
  6. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

I was talking about this to my wife at lunch! I read the transcript of his testimony Saturday. Vindman kept saying how he felt what Trump was doing was "wrong"... and so he, rightly so... informed his superiors of his concern. But he ALSO informed his counterparts in Ukraine to not do anything that could be construed as interfering into the 2020 politics. The Republican Representative, then approached him from a perspective of the fact that by doing so he was in effect countermanding President Trump's "Foriegn policy in Ukraine." And even though I was reading the transcript... I could tell that the realization hit Vindman like an "awakening"... as though it had never even occured to him that what Trump was doing could be considered "OK enough" that he had no right to countermand it! Vindman's lawyer went NUTS.

It made me discuss with my wife, wondering what it takes for a U.S. soldier to not follow an order from a superior? "Feeling it's wrong" certainly isn't the litmus test!

Officer's Match and robhic like this.
  7. DonD

DonD

THAT'S not happening. He would be smart to submit his resignation because he's through in the US Army, particularly if Trump wins a second term. The Colonel selection board would be insane to promote him. Don

PRKJayhawk, bdcochran and Deltic like this.
  8. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

Stupidity on display. Pseudo patriotism should take a back seat to treason.

nraman and bdcochran like this.
  9. teeceetx

teeceetx

How is it these traitors on the Left get to resign or get moved to new positions, but anyone associated with Trump finds a SWAT team outside at 5:30am? There should be a firing squad waiting for all these coup plotters.

Intolerant, nraman, robhic and 2 others like this.
  10. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

There's probably a post in the Aleutians that needs a Morale Officer who speaks Ukrainian.:cold:

DonD, bdcochran and mj9mm like this.
  11. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

[​IMG]

On the mall, by the monument, on live tv: Every ****ing one of these traitorous leches.

12. Deltic

Deltic

Trying to screw with the president is not the way to get ahead in the military.

13. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

Breaking the law, committing treason, and still living high. Democrat privilege.

Makes me sick to think on Veteran's Day how many good men died for this **** country to turn into what it has.

Intolerant likes this.
  14. EdTracker

EdTracker GTDS Lifetime Member

Sounds like he needs a good olde fashioned locksocking from his comrades.

Officer's Match likes this.
  15. Cycletroll

Cycletroll

Execute him for treason.

NMG26 likes this.
  16. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut? Silver Member

In the enlisted ranks, no. OTOH, the officer corps is very anti-Trump.

Officer's Match and NMG26 like this.
  17. NMG26

NMG26

You definitely gave respect to the CIC as an enlisted member.

It would be extremely foolish to bring up charges against the CIC as an enlisted member, I would think the NSC should have dire consequences as well. The man is not a Patriot.

Intolerant and Officer's Match like this.
  18. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

I keep thinking that, to some extent, this is all Trump's fault. He should have suspected that the NSC was not on the same page, it was clear the State Department wasn't and the Military always has their own war-mongering agenda.

Notice how the Military has flat out refused to leave Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan. Oh, they come up with noble sounding excuses but, at the end of the day, the Military is outright defying Trump. He needs a new Joint Chiefs and forget about the Generals. They are too institutionalized. Get a bunch of Sergeants and tell them what you want to do. Then tell the Generals that the Sergeants have the plan and they are to cooperate or retire - make a choice. Right now! Sergeants can do anything!

He should have shut down those agencies that are his direct-reports. Like the NSC. Send all the members back to their respective organizations and refill some portion over some long period of time. He would lose a lot of institutional knowledge but at least the replacements would be beholding to him - not that that approach has worked in the WH.

There should have been a wholesale change in Ambassadors. None of them support Trump and if they don't want to work with him, well, let them go! Again, there is some loss of institutional knowledge but that's just the way transitions go. Fire the bunch of them. No exceptions! That way nobody can claim bias - they were ALL fired.

Don't want people to tell about your phone calls? Don't let them listen in! What was Trump thinking? Have people show up in your office and have a private discussion. No form of electronic communications is secure. The NSA isn't Trump's friend either. There must be one room in the WH that isn't bugged. Besides, it really would be treason to bug the President and then release the tapes.

Trump has no friends in government. I know he hoped for the best but he got the worst. What he should have never done is hire somebody based on a recommendation from somebody already on his staff. That's how Bolton got hired!

I sincerely hope Trump wakes up after the election (assuming...) and fires the whole lot of them! If he needs any help, I can spare a few days and I suspect I can line up some Sergeants. None higher than E-7...

Just thinking out loud...

19. Critch

Critch

Good point. The number of people I knew in my 30 years in the military who were not loyal to the Constitution was amazing...Some were just downright un-American.

20. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Foreign policy is Trump's to make. Lt. Cols are only there to serve coffee and their opinions on any subject, at any time, are not wanted. He should have served the President or requested a transfer back to wherever he came from. Or resigned his commission.

Now, if there were just some way to prosecute him and relieve him of his pension. Breaking big rocks into small pebbles sounds about right.

Officer's Match, happyguy and NMG26 like this.