Alert Window

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Romadoc, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Romadoc

Romadoc

Often an "Alert Window" will appear with the statement:
    "This document contains no data"

This is obviously wrong as it appears over the desired document. Once you close the alert window, the page can be read normally.

How do I get rid of this annoying problem?

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Running a Mozilla product, I presume?

That tripe appears on some Web pages that are not built to nominal Web standards.

IE does not use these standards, and, as a result, if a particular page is 'optimized' for Internet Exploiter, it will not render properly in some other, standards-based browsers.

Don't sweat it; it isn't on your end.

If it becomes excessive, you can try reinstalling the Firefox or Mozilla Suite; make sure you also toss the folder it installed to before you reinstall it, though, as that will toss all your settings and plugins as well.

GL

3. Romadoc

Romadoc

fastvfr: You're correct..I am using Mozilla Firefox. This after removing (I hope) IE. However, if it should continue, and I were forced to do a reinstall, how would I protect my already bookmarked locations as your advice requires a prior deletion of Mozilla Firefox?

4. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

You don’t need to delete Firefox, download and install the latest version into the same folder. To save your bookmarks go to Bookmarks – Manage Bookmarks ... File – Export.