ALERRT Training

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Gombey, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Gombey

Gombey

We just finished ours yesterday. It was a real eye opener!!!

I don't know who has been throught it, but I would suggest you take the class.

I am sure my department will not pay for it, but I am going to continue with this training for myself.

I loved it!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

What training did you take? I didn't know they charged for classes now. It used to all be free.

I took their active shooter school long ago. It was okay, but we literally spent more time talking about the history of why they created active shooter than we did actually doing hands on training. Then it took longer to search and use a metal detector on our group to make sure we didn't possess any evil metal prior to the training, than we took to actually train. I hope they've made some changes that get students more hands on time.

I checked their website. The courses look good. Unfortunately everything they have is completely full with long waiting lists. I'll check back again and hopefully catch a class before it fills up.

I didn't see any prices listed. What did your training cost?

3. Gombey

Gombey

I'm still in the Academy. We also did the basic active shooter.

I hope they don't charge for the class...I was really referring to the travel to TX. Sorry I should have been more clear.

The wanding was a lot faster and we spent a bunch of time in the shoot house.

4. homegrowntx

homegrowntx

I have had that training. It was fun and intense. I would recommend it. I was lucky enough to have my agency provide it.

5. jadams951

jadams951 Resident JBT

Been through several of their classes. Always free and still is. Supposed to be all grant paid for.