Glock Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Does the preemptive law give the local municipalities leeway for their own property? Although it is preemptive, some will give allowances for the local municipalities to regulate their buildings/meetings.

:wavey:

red
I know that here in MS, state preemption prevents local governments from passing more restrictive gun laws. There was a case in north MS where a sheriff asked the State AG if the county could stop concealed carry, with an "enhanced permit", in the county courthouse. AG office said NO, they cannot stop conceal carry in court houses except for court rooms with court in session. So I guess it will vary from state to state.

You can say anything you want about the Governor of Texas but one of the things Rick Perry has signed into law is no state building can exempt ccw with the exception of courts, jails, prisons, voting places but I think that one is federal. I have personally carried into the Texas Capitol ccw even has a special line. You walk in show your ccw and walk on in everyone else goes through the magnetomoter.

You can say anything you want about the Governor of Texas but one of the things Rick Perry has signed into law is no state building can exempt ccw with the exception of courts, jails, prisons, voting places but I think that one is federal. I have personally carried into the Texas Capitol ccw even has a special line. You walk in show your ccw and walk on in everyone else goes through the magnetomoter.
Go Gov. Perry!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.