close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alcohol and Carrying

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by milglock707, Jan 23, 2010.

1. milglock707

milglock707

I was doing some thinking today and was wondering how many of you have an occassional beer or two while carrying? I have been doing this for a while now and never had one incident (of course if I am planning on having more I do not carry).

On a second note (for all of those that will cry this to be a mortal sin), I have to ask why is drinking a beer and carrying different than doing say prescription medications, having caffeine, or drinking (1) beer and driving behind a massive weapon (i.e. a car)?

BTW, it was Burger King selling beer that brought this up in my mind.

2. Ballistic40

Ballistic40

Only time I drink in public is when Im at a bar, and in Texas the 51% rule applies for CCW so therefore I dont carry when drinking ever.
    Where do you live where BK sells beer?

3. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

= Bad idea. Not to mention against the law in my neck of the woods.

4. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

I tend to plan ahead on my drinking and don't drink just occasionally during a random day. So no I don't carry and drink.

To answer your other question if someone is taking drugs or anything else that alters their ability to operate a car, that should also be illegal and a crime.

5. stroker

stroker

6. buckhunter3987

buckhunter3987

Burger King sells BEER?!?!?! I'm going right now!!! :supergrin:

Yeah I have a few and carry, but it stays at home most friday and saturday nights.

7. stroker

stroker

this is a first for me:whistling:

8. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Having 1 beer does not equal drinking. If you are not violating the law being in a bar, then its not an evil thing to have 1 beer. If you have more than 1 then, yes, its time to think about what exactly you are doing.

9. Resqu2

Resqu2

There is another thread in CI about BK selling beer, starting out in FLA, go over to CI and read all about it.

10. skyugo

skyugo

yeah if i get about a beer and a half in me i just want to start shooting people. definitely a bad idea. :tongueout:

11. skyugo

skyugo

is your gun really better off sitting unattended in your car than on your body?

12. beala

beala

+1

If 2 drinks turns you into a murderous monster, you might want to rethink the whole owning a gun thing.

Of course, if you plan on getting sloshed, leave the gun at home.

13. tuica

tuica

Remember - you may have to go to trial to defend your lethal actions against a threat. Do you REALLY want to attempt to accomplish that while adding alcohol ingestion - a known decision altering agent - to your scenario. As much as I like to carry - I leave it at home when drinking booze is my plan. Good Luck

14. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

...or you start thinking "I bet I could hit that (insert far-off object) with ONE SHOT!" :rofl:

15. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

Does Burger King put the beer in one of those big cups with the lid and straw?

That would be great, as I hate drinking out of bottles while driving.

16. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

There have been many times I've had a drink while carrying. It's not typical, but it's happened. But I don't drink to get drunk, and in my younger years when I did, I wasn't a violent drunk. I've always been a mellow drinker. I don't go to rowdy redneck bars either. Never have.

To extrapolate on the idea that it's bad. If you are at home drinking, and someone starts trying to get in your front door, do you refuse to respond with a firearm because alcohol and guns don't mix? Same basic situation.

I don't feel that I sacrifice my right to self defense if I've had a drink. But for others, it probably IS a bad idea. You've got to know your limitations.

17. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

In Missouri carrying an unloaded firearm while "intoxicated" is a misdemeanor. Carrying a loaded firearm while intoxicated is a felony. I don't know if it's the same .08 BAC or if it is lower for fire arms. Either way I don't care. If I know I will be drinking I will be leaving my gun in care of my fiancee or just leave it at home.

18. 9lock

9lock Guest

1-2 is having a beverage, 1 after another,after another,after another,after another is drinking, yet another issue that lawmakers have over glorified that we allow ourselves to get taken in by, but will not use this 0 tolerance theory on cleaning up DC.

19. capnjim01

capnjim01

In my state no alcohol period while cc. Weapon and bullets must be locked up seperately in trunk if you have had a drink no matter how much

20. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

I'll have a drink while carrying. Two at the most.

I don't get drunk. I avoid extremely rowdy bars; most comfortable in a Legion or Moose type of setting.

I don't see it as a problem of any magnitude.