Albany Roll Call

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Roland-G23, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

This is the inaugural GSSF match at Albany Rifle & Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon this weekend. I'll be shooting Saturday and Sunday mornings and RO'ing Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

It is nice to finally have a GSSF match that doesn't require several hours of driving to get to.

2. varigger

varigger mmmmmm GLOCK

I'll be there. I'm coming up from Fresno with a couple of friends. We were at the Roseburg match and had a great time, so there was no way we were going to miss this one!!

3. Farmer

Farmer

I will be there Saturday morning with another GT member. I was unable to go to Roseburg this year since I was in San Diego for work but I am not missing this one. I am coming from Port Orchard, WA.

4. JonInWA

JonInWA

Well, I had to drive several hours! I'm looking foward to it, and was able to combine it with some business in Vancouver.

Best, Jon

5. Sierra

Sierra Millennium Member

I have been regularly attending GSSF matches in the NW since 1994 and think this was the smoothest, quickest one I have been at. Great organization, dusty road, great staff and very little wait to shoot at each station. I'll be back here next year.

6. JonInWA

JonInWA

What a superbly run gem of a match. GREAT facility and RO's. This was the smoothest, most efficiently run GSSF match that I've attended to date-it was tightly run, but relaxed as well. The warm-up bay was fun as well. Kudos to the host club and all the members who staffed and supported this match-I'll definitely be back.

Best, Jon

7. SecurityTrainer

SecurityTrainer

I had such a good time on Saturday I went back on Sunday!

Nice set up; easy to shoot R/O's were fantastic, and the Wheel 'O Plates was a hoot!

I liked the modified "5-to-Glock", as well as the variation on the "Glock-M". Good change of pace and it was nice to shoot.

The team and I will be back next year for sure!

Thanks to ALL, see everyone in Bremerton, WA.

Respectfully,

8. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

We had 203 entries (of 206 total with 3 no-shows) at our first GSSF match. We held the match open Sunday afternoon for a couple of people who had car trouble between Portland and Salem (they had pre-registered).

Cindy was totally done with scoring before we left, and we raffled off some certificates to the RO's.

I got a chance to talk to JoninWA, and varigger, and some other folks from the board.

I shot the best match I've ever done since starting GSSF in 2001. Shot a 69.47 in Amateur Civilian, with a smoking plate stage of 13.86. Shot a 66.35 in Amateur Competition, a 81.04 in SubCompact, a 75.78 in Master Stock, and a 72.57 in Unlimited using a borrowed pistol. 5 to Glock continues to be the bane of my existence, I don't know what it is, but it is something to be worked on.

The only downside for me at the whole match was when one of my fellow RO's clipped the front bumper of my Ridgeline this afternoon.

I'm fairly certain in a few weeks I'll see some goodies from Glock. That would be my second pistol win, so next year I likely will move to the deep end of the pool with all the sharks.

Thanks to everyone that came and shot our match. I was one of the RO's in Bay 3 for one of the 3 5 to Glock stages Saturday afternoon, and one of the RO's in Bay 7 for the 2nd of the Glock 'M' stage.

9. sablair

sablair CLM CLXV of C CLM

I was there today. Shot at my usual level. (Blecchh!) Was good to see Glenn Wisser and Chris Edwards once again.

I was also pleased to bring with me two female friends, Susan and Cheryl, who joined and competed for the 1st time today. The day before, Susan and I shot our 1st USPSA club match and qualified for our Safety Cards.

(I think the key to the survival of the shooting sports is the increased involvement of women and girls.)

10. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

11. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

I have to agree with the above posts, this was by far the best run and organized Glock match I have ever been to. I RO'd one of the plate stages on Sat. and Sunday and also shot 5 catagories Sat. afternoon. I got through all 5 catagories in about 1.5 hours, and that was taking my time.

Albany is simply the best run club, with the best people running it, in the Northwest. I have shot USPSA there for a couple years and those matches are run just as good and as well organized as this GSSF match was.

I can only compare GSSF matches here in the Northwest but this Albany ,OR. match has been the best one I have ever been to since I started GSSF in 2001.

Can't wait till next year to help out and shoot this match again.

Thanks to all the shooters who came out to shoot and support this match. Lets shoot for 300 shooters next year.

12. varigger

varigger mmmmmm GLOCK

Now that was an outstanding match! The facilities were great and the RO's were awesome. A great time as always. To top it all off it looks like I didn't do too badly. I shot a 75.84 in Guardian, a 66.13 in Competition (looks like I got you Brian), a 78.75 in sub-Compact and a 54.12 in Major Sub. All in all not a bad day! As always I got to meet some great folks and see some really good shooters. Too bad I won't be around next year (I'll be deployed to IRAQ this time next year) otherwise I'd definitely be making the trip. Thanks to all the RO's and to the GSSF staff for all the work that they put in to these matches.

Varigger