Alaska Fall Trout Fishing

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Dan in Alaska, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Dan in Alaska

Dan in Alaska

I thought I would share a few more Alaska pictures with you folks. Scream if you've had enough! :supergrin:

My buddy, Pete, and I drifted the upper Kenai this past weekend. I am not very talented with a fly rod, but Pete sure is. I am more of a saltwater fisherman, but Pete has made an effort to look past this flaw and has taken me on as his "charity case" this fall. Pete is making a fine attempt at turning me into a fly fisherman. I did manage to catch some fish, so that should count for something, right?

Here's me with a nice dolly varden. Notice the fall colors in the background. We had a truly exceptional day on the water. Perfect autumn weather!
    [​IMG]

More scenery. Pretty rough, isn't it?
    [​IMG]

Me with a decent rainbow:
    [​IMG]

And finally, Pete, with a nicer rainbow.
    [​IMG]

2. elsielover

elsielover

Nice! Someday you'll fly fish in salt water. It is so cool! Did you see any bears? Did you guys or your guide carry anything for protection? If so, what?

3. Dan in Alaska

Dan in Alaska

I usually have my G20 on my hip whenever I am fishing from shore. On this particular day, I also had my .375 H&H along in the drift boat. There had been reports of a lot of bears in this area, but we didn't see any bears that day.

4. Ak.Hiker

Ak.Hiker

It looks like you must have been in the canyon on Saturday working the beads!!!Must have been a great day on the water.