close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alabama Intercity Network

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock Bob, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

Any fellow "Bamers" ever tried the Alabama Intercity Network (AICN)? It's a huge network of repeaters and hubs that links Hunstville down to Bay Minette and Hattiesburg, MS, to Phenix City. I've yet to hear anyone using it. I tap into 145.570 Simplex PL 203.5, located in or around Birmingham. It'd be great to hear some GTer's use it. More info can be found here.

2. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

I may check it out later. I'm in Calhoun County, and use the Cheaha repeater quite often.

3. Glock Bob

Every once in a while, if conditions are right, I can tap into the Cheaha repeater, too. However, my power supply is only 4 amps, so I can't run at 50 watts. It does come in pretty clear, just not as strong as the BARC (W4CUE) repeater does. I've yet to hear anyone on it.

4. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

Check and try the Cheaha repeater on Monday nights at 8pm. If you can make it, try and get into the net. It's the Alabama Emergency Net W. Just in case you didn't know it is 147.09 with a PL of 103.5, its call is WB4GNA. May ba a long shot but everynow and then we get someone from pretty far away. It's the highest in the state at 2407 ft. If you ever get in, gimme a call, I am KI4FKW

5. Glock Bob

I can usually tap into it, mostly at night. However, it only registers about 1/4 to 1/2 of the meter when it repeats, so I'm not sure how well I get through. I'll try and give you a call, though.

6. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

yeah go for it there is always someone monitoring it,I always have it on when I am in the car, and around net times