close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alabama GSSF?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by hankfan79, Dec 31, 2005.

1. hankfan79

hankfan79

I am fairly new to the shooting scene. I have been practicing IDPA style for about 18 months. Just shot the classifier today and made HIGH SharpShooter. I have not seen any GSSF matches in Alabama yet. Is there some reason why they don't hold them here? There are plenty of IDPA and some IPSC. Maybe I just didn't know of any. Someone shed some light on this.

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

You could check the Match Schedule at http://gssfonline.com, where there is also a link for the application, if you know of a range that would be interested in hosting an event. Being up in the frozen north I'd probably be attending a whole bunch of matches were I in Alabama. Residence in the deep south makes for a GSSF-match target-rich environment. The '06 schedule should be out soon (fingers x'd) but the '05 schedule should give you an idea of what it looks like.
    ;f

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If you have a club that can handle 300 shooters over a two day weekend and furnish about 30 volunteers, contact GSSF.

GSSF, by the way, is basically for stock Glocks. Modified Glocks must shoot in Master/Unlimited with the big boys.

4. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

There is none in Bama, as yet. But like DannyR and WIG19, if there is a range that would like to host a match and can handle the amount of shooters.

As of right now the closest one to you is the Conyers, Ga match.