·
Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
68,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I would have shot that woman. That was assault with a deadly weapon. As far as I am concerned there were four counts of attempted murder. Slashing officers and pushing one over the balcony is insane.

With that being said; there were four trained officers. I can see one, maybe two of them injured, but for all four cops to be either cut or shoved off a balcony shows a serious mistake on their part.

Again, if you come after me with a knife I will not taze you, oc you, etc. I will shoot you to defend myself.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Zippy's Friend.
6,662 Posts
The problem is - if one guy starts "rasslin" with her to try to get the knife away, or he didn't notice the knife, then you have a situation where it is very difficult to shoot. I wasn't there, but I can see how it could happen. I once tied up with a guy and didn't realize he had a knife in his hand (going from bright outside to dim inside) until I knocked him down and he dropped the knife. Me and partnet jumped in him, and were in a position that if either of us shot, we would most likely hit the other.

**** happens. Sometimes bad guys don't play by the rules of making it obvious they have a weapon, and presenting you with a good shot. Bastards.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The problem is - if one guy starts "rasslin" with her to try to get the knife away, or he didn't notice the knife, then you have a situation where it is very difficult to shoot. I wasn't there, but I can see how it could happen. I once tied up with a guy and didn't realize he had a knife in his hand (going from bright outside to dim inside) until I knocked him down and he dropped the knife. Me and partnet jumped in him, and were in a position that if either of us shot, we would most likely hit the other.

**** happens. Sometimes bad guys don't play by the rules of making it obvious they have a weapon, and presenting you with a good shot. Bastards.
Good point.

·
you savvy?
23,473 Posts
I would have shot that woman. That was assault with a deadly weapon. As far as I am concerned there were four counts of attempted murder. Slashing officers and pushing one over the balcony is insane.

With that being said; there were four trained officers. I can see one, maybe two of them injured, but for all four cops to be either cut or shoved off a balcony shows a serious mistake on their part.

Again, if you come after me with a knife I will not taze you, oc you, etc. I will shoot you to defend myself.

well, trained at what?

youd be surprised how little if any self defense or tactics type training officers get or seek on their own once theyre outa the academy.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts

I would too.

Look what happened with the 9/11 hijackers using box cutters.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
well, trained at what?

youd be surprised how little if any self defense or tactics type training officers get or seek on their own once theyre outa the academy.
Call me paranoid, but I constantly train and enjoy beating the crap out of a punching bag or sparring partner.

Right now I am severely overweight, but I can still defend myself in a hand to hand situation.

My 12 yr old daughter is now leading my workout regiment. She said she not have a fluffy dad. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts