Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18,942 Posts
Moon clips?
That's an important question because some DA revolvers operate with some sort of mechanism that extracts teh cartridges. Charter Arms does this and Smith and Wesson tried it once in the early 80's with a mechanism that was not cost effective to produce and that was the model 547 which was a really nice gun.

Charter arms came up with a simplified version of the S&W design that seems to work very well but their revolvers are only 5 shots and no speed loaders can be used with the system.

Here's what the manufacture says about the need for moon clips:

"The RIA series revolvers are perfect for both sportsmen and for shooters who lean more towards traditional precision, with low recoil of most 9mm cartridges, not to mention the moon clips on the 9mm which are a major feature. "

Moon clips are kind of a pain in the butt, but that's what you have to have if you want a 9mm DA revolver. My only concern would be what kind oif DA trigger the gun had. In a cheap gun, it might not be all that useful for actually shooting the gun double action.

·
Registered
217 Posts
They should spend some money on a better translation. I'm not sure what the description says. Outdoor hub is no better. The specifications are way off. Doesn't anybody read their own stuff before they publish?

·
woo woo
31,153 Posts
I think it would be that I like the 3 inch barrel after cutting and the cylinder that aligns for safety.

:headscratch:

·
Registered
13,931 Posts
That's an important question because some DA revolvers operate with some sort of mechanism that extracts teh cartridges. Charter Arms does this and Smith and Wesson tried it once in the early 80's with a mechanism that was not cost effective to produce and that was the model 547 which was a really nice gun.

Charter arms came up with a simplified version of the S&W design that seems to work very well but their revolvers are only 5 shots and no speed loaders can be used with the system.

Here's what the manufacture says about the need for moon clips:

"The RIA series revolvers are perfect for both sportsmen and for shooters who lean more towards traditional precision, with low recoil of most 9mm cartridges, not to mention the moon clips on the 9mm which are a major feature. "

Moon clips are kind of a pain in the butt, but that's what you have to have if you want a 9mm DA revolver. My only concern would be what kind oif DA trigger the gun had. In a cheap gun, it might not be all that useful for actually shooting the gun double action.
Yeah, that's the difference between an inexpensive revolver and a higher quality one. The double action trigger. I would want to try it out before buying, at least dry firing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts