Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I suspect the pistol has been entirely updated based upon; 1) slide lock stop notch that appears to be recut to later specs, 2) captured RSA, 3) non-original rear sights.

It's anyones guess as to what this will sell for based on current events. I'd guess $1,500ish?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I would suggest Marcus we may be in the minority here on this forum that may see the potential for changed internals and such would see less collectibility. Or at least understand this issue as it related to what we would pay.
There is obviously individuals interested in these early Glocks who may know nothing of this forum.
At least the seller started the auction in a fashion that will demonstrate what these times will bare.
Great observation by you and thank you to holics for linking it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would suggest Marcus we may be in the minority here on this forum that may see the potential for changed internals and such would see less collectibility. Or at least understand this issue as it related to what we would pay.
There is obviously individuals interested in these early Glocks who may know nothing of this forum.
At least the seller started the auction in a fashion that will demonstrate what these times will bare.
Great observation by you and thank you to holics for linking it.
I would certainly agree with you there Matt. My second pencil barrel Was acquired in a completely upgraded state. Other than the frame, barrel, and slide nothing was original. But the initial investment was low, and I happened to have all of the necessary original parts on hand aside from the correct very early trigger bar and weekend sight. I acquired the correct trigger bar for $200, And the Weeknd site was donated by Glockaholics (An extremely kind gesture I will not soon forget). So when all was said and done I had an original pencil barrel for a very low cost, However it took time, effort, and a lot of luck to get it there...but for me in this collecting hobby that is half the fun.

Personally I would not pay more than $750 for the pencil barrel originally posted for two reasons - 1) That recut slide Stop lever notch and 2) The extreme difficulty in finding all of the necessary original internals perhaps required correct the gun, In particular the trigger bar and weekend sight.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Marcus please discuss the slide notch recut. I just looked at an AH and a CC for any differences compared to the PB being discussed above. I was completely unaware of this dynamic.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have noticed that very early Glocks (A-series) have a smeller relief cut slide stop lever notch cut in the slide. I do not know when the change occurred to the current cut, however I believe all pencil barrels (AA to AM/AN) will almost certainly originally have the early smaller cut. Given this, When I see a pencil barrel prefix with the larger cut I arrive at the conclusion that it has been sent back to Glock for upgrades, especially when there is other evidence of having been upgraded.

It’s purely a guess as to why the change in cut was made. I would suggest that it might be because the smaller cut did not always catch the slide stop lever after the last round. However I haven’t fired my pencil barrels nearly enough to determine if this is actually an issue.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Fantastic catch Marcus. WOW... You are absolutely correct. CC much longer. Is it my imagination or has this been discussed in the last couple years. Thank you for contributing again to my continuing education.

AU 107 and AX has the smaller cut. BB has the longer cut.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Just awesome guys. Thanks so much. I never knew about that difference in the slide notch.

·
Registered
800 Posts
My gen 1’s indicating the differences (best photo I have on hand):

My pencil barrels with their smaller cuts:

My CG prefix with the larger cut:

Interestingly, here is my AY prefix with a larger cut but at different dimensions. This came to me in an upgraded state, so I always wondered whether Glock had recut it during the upgrade process using different dimensions, or whether it was one of the first Glocks to have a larger slide stop lever notch cut and at the time Glock hadn’t yet settled on the exact dimensions:

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Fantastic info guys.

We should make a thread specifically for this with the appropriate title for future reference.

One day we all have gotta do a book....

It's been said so many times but the most and best info is here.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
This is exactly how important information gets lost. No one would think to go to a thread linking to an auction to learn about variants of Glock slide lock cut outs.
I was surprised at drift in threads from years ago and what you could learn.
But make no mistake about what is being uncovered now vs then that there is no comparison. Many more members embracing the passion now and wanting to share it. And best of all super quality stuff now too... You know who you are as it relates to that.

I will try and screen shot subtle comments that give a greater understanding or lesson and then save it in my big huge Glock file.
But who would save the comments here. If you did not know this above as shown by Marcus you would know it now and in the future.
But you may never offer it up later and or maybe you move on from here.

Heck even if you were just passing through this forum and you considered yourself a Glock collector. You might check out the first post in this thread but if you did not read through it completely you would miss out a very important aspect of a variation.

Marcus you are the man.....

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Indeed, incredible info.

Not to create more work, but any way Marcus to post the same great info in a thread with a title to match. As noted, it is fantastic info but will be nearly impossible to find in later searches.

Reactions: Marcus99
1 - 20 of 27 Posts