AL Pencil Barrel with Original Box on GB

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by mtstream, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

Definitely no expert but, what I have noticed is that most PB should have camel hump trigger bar. I have a later PB that still has the camel hump. My opinion is that it was sent back for warranty and bar got changed. This happening before they did the bigger cut-out for slide lock. JMO

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

• You mean the original listing or the AU? The AL has the large notch so if it was sent bank for warranty, that makes sense but then someone swapped it for black parts.

3. premiertactical

premiertactical

Typically I see the first series of bars on PB’s.
    Your AU should be correct since this was the next version. You can identify these by the short upper portion or very top of the extension where it presses up the striker block plunger.
    Fortunately when you come across a trigger bar replacement in a early gun it is a post upgrade silver one.
    No one was manufacturing replacements early on and such unless upgraded with post parts I suggest if you have a black trigger bar in a early Glock it is more then likely original.
    This helped me create a production order of early black trigger bars.

I know cut outs were discussed before. It was easy to see when they started doing this. I do not remember in what serial number prefix.

L.A.Tactical likes this.
  4. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

Sorry LA, due to not paying attention to s/n prefix, I vote on that being correct for AU.

L.A.Tactical likes this.
  5. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

Another trigger question. I don't think this one is original to the gun but it's in a CG-prefix gun. The shape is a later trigger bar obviously, but it's got the gold finish (hard to tell in the pics) like the originals. Did they make gold bars later on in production? B593CE90-97E3-4CC1-9EDB-34091426D8C3.jpeg

6. Marcus99

Marcus99

My AK and AL prefix pencil barrels:

[​IMG]

premiertactical likes this.
  7. premiertactical

premiertactical

You see the silver and gold colored triggers bars often in Gen 1 L series.
    If your question is did they make them once, try another design and remake the gold?

Glock changed the design of the trigger bar very often early on. I would love to know what they were after in so many design changes. Particularly making changes mainly to the part that engages the striker block plunger.

Seeing earlier trigger bars in guns that were later or should have different trigger bars we can always return to Glock using up whatever was laying around.

8. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

What I'm trying to decipher is whether there are any new trigger bars with gold finish?

9. premiertactical

premiertactical

On the first page of this thread I have a link to the trigger bar variations and a loose orientation to serial number prefixes.

I placed them in that order based on what I observed in examples of what I believed to be original Glocks.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  10. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

Ok, had to go back and look at the pics of the trigger bar thread again. So, post #9 in that thread has the biggest list of versions out there (1-10). The trigger bar in the AY gun is the shape of #10, but with the gold color closer to #4. I knew they had some gold versions for a while, but I've only seen them in Gen 1 17Ls... and either way, the serial range is close enough it could have a 4, but the slant is the wrong shape.

11. Adam4

Adam4

L.T. when did Glock change from smooth trigger face to a grooved trigger face? Do some Gen 2's have a smooth trigger face? Only early Gen 2 maybe?

12. premiertactical

premiertactical

LA T what does the body look like on that Gold Color trigger bar.
    Is it smooth with a valley or any ribs?

1-6 Glock was using the same tooling to press the body of the bar between the trigger pad and the rear area. After 6 they are using a new form to create a strengthening rib or valley.

If the body has a similar style to the current design that may be aftermarket. AeroTek/Aerotech (sp?) was offering years ago parts distinctive as having a gold color.

Not being able to see the entire bar makes it difficult to assess your question.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020