close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Al Mar Knives

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by RLB, Jan 9, 2010.

1. RLB

RLB

Looking for information on Al Mark knives. If you have or do carry one what did you like and dislike about the knife.
    Thanks
    Rick

2. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

They have good steel and they're expensive. If you think quality trumps redundancy, they're good value. If 'two is one'..they're NOT the ultimate bang/buck win.

They make knives I'd be happy to receive as a gift, but to BUY?

hahahaha..

3. joe138

joe138

I have a Sere 2000. I like the blade profile and it is a tuff knife. However it is heavy, so I only use it in the field, not for edc.

4. D25

D25 The Quick

I am fond of the ones that I own/ carry. I especially like the ultralight line for days when I don't anticipate the need for a folding prybar.

5. Hawk45

Hawk45

I too have an SERE 2K. It is a great knife and well built.. it is on the heavy side but that doesn't bother me. Pocket clip is great but I do wish it was a little thinner in the grip. Overall great knives. You can find good deals on like new used ones on the forums.. think I got mine used like new for $100. So deals are out there to be had.

6. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

"Light" is relative. I carry Busse and RAT and BRKT and the Al Mar SERE to me is really really light!

7. mercop

mercop

I have owned all kinds of knives from production to custom. The knife I have carried everyday for the last seven years is the Al Mar SERE 2000. It is as close as you can get to custom in a production knife.- George