Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
No Longer Fenced In
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so what's the consensus on the AK pistols? I know the whole draco-good/hellpup-bad, but what was the final verdict on things like the PAP pistol, and others?

Just curious, as there are the PAP pistols in 7.62 and 5.56 EVERYWHERE, it seems like. Buds is even doing an overstock sale on them.

·
Registered
690 Posts
CJ, I bought a PAP 92 from Bud's and it's very well built, and i like it alot. There maybe better ones, like Arsenal, i don't know? I know it does not have a chrome lined barrel,but like i said, it's well built, and i doubt i'll wear the barrel out in my life.

·
No Longer Fenced In
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
curious myself as there are a couple PAP pistols locally that could become future sbr projects
That was my thought as well. Buds is local to my work, and they're VERY common at other gun stores around. It'll still be a while before I can get that kind of cash together, though.

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts
Don't know if you have seen this, so I'll drop it here for you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8H4EDeK0zw"]M92 PAP (Zastava) AK47 Pistol HD Review - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
This bad boy eats anything, runs like butter and is deadly accurate.
Hornady advertises 2,449 fps @ 999 ft lbs from a 10.5" Noveske® CQB 1:7"
with 5.56 NATO 75 gr. BTHP T2 TAP ammunition.
The Arsenal SLR-106U also has a 10.5" 1:7" chrome lined barrel.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuIWupfoI-k"]Arsenal AK Krinkov Pistol Review - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Zastava is a good manufacturer. I have several AK's from them. All good quality. If I was going to make an SBR I would use one of theirs. Wonder what the equivelant of "Suchka" is in Serbian?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Guys, are the CENTURY INTER ARMS INC PAP pistols from the Zastava factory any good? Worth considering?

·
Urban *******
2,368 Posts
Guys, are the CENTURY INTER ARMS INC PAP pistols from the Zastava factory any good? Worth considering?
My understanding is that Century just imports the pistols and sells them without touching them. So they should be great. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
My understanding is that Century just imports the pistols and sells them without touching them. So they should be great. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
My Arsenal SLR-106U was designed, manufactured and assembled in Bulgaria.
It was imported as a complete weapon.
And sold as it was imported - with 100% Bulgarian parts.

Being pistols,
these AKs don't need to comply with 922r (10 US parts) Bullsh1t.
I wouldn't be surprised if the other AK pistols are the same way.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Thanks guys. I missed a deal on a PAP on Slickguns. They were $585 and would be shipping on the 15th of may or later, but the deal dissapeared in about an hour.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Well guys, i finally got an AK pistol. A Century Romy Draco (not-C). I have a sling plate and Hogue grip for it. I'll probaly use a 2 pt sling using the front loop already there. I'm undecided if I'll do anything else, like a rail system or red dot or compensator.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Here it is.
Nice.
The two point sling makes all the difference in the world.

I actually got an inexpensive air gun case that works really well ($29.95).
Smaller compartment has triple 30 round mag pouches.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Storage-Adjustable-Shoulder-Strap/dp/B001BR2Z8G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1370905470&sr=8-5&keywords=utg+tactical+case"]Amazon.com: UTG Gun Case, Dual Storage, Adjustable Shoulder Strap: Sports & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41NkNOTiIqL[/ame]

·
No Longer Fenced In
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well guys, i finally got an AK pistol. A Century Romy Draco (not-C). I have a sling plate and Hogue grip for it. I'll probaly use a 2 pt sling using the front loop already there. I'm undecided if I'll do anything else, like a rail system or red dot or compensator.
Here it is.
Looks good, Rich!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.