AK 222 PB

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Fishboy556, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

glockhoarder likes this.
  2. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Great buy. I never saw that one.

Was that a BIN that ended it? I think that it would have gone over $2500 in a true auction that went to completion. Gun is well used, upgraded but still a PB with the original box and label. Keep in mind that any PB can be put back to original, complete condition except for the original box w/manual.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Sherlock913 and premiertactical like this.

3. premiertactical

premiertactical

That bar is next to impossible to find. I know of only two that members here found outside guns. Me and Marcus.
    Most wouldn’t even know it’s incredibly rare. Finding one outside a gun would possibly be the single hardest part to find GLOCK related. At this point anyone who had a Glock old enough to house one knows the gun complete may be collectable or valuable. Not many are going to upgrade their old A prefix Glock with a aftermarket one.
    The manual although expensive is several times easier to find.

A PB correct will be hitting $5k easily within 2 years. Stamp it........lol

4. mtstream

mtstream

I think it cycled through once before without a bid. I need a box but was unsure about some of the pics and decided not to risk the gun.

Didn’t know the bar was so rare

5. Ole703

Ole703

Could someone kindly post a comparison of the different bars?

glockhoarder likes this.
  6. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

7. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

I think the prices fluctuate wildly on gunbroker. A lot has to do with the time the auction ends and especially whether the seller pays to feature the listing. $2k still seems cheap for a PB when we've seen them go as high as $6k (don't recall the highest off hand or whether that one was complete). On the other hand, my dad recently was one for $1175 with the original box. You just never know.

glockhoarder likes this.
  8. cereal_killer

cereal_killer CLM

You are right about timing. Posting something to end 10AM East coast is 7AM PST, they are just waking up. Learned that the hard way.

L.A.Tactical likes this.
  9. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

What’s PB mean? Pointy bar?

10. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

Pencil barrel. First Glocks had a smaller diameter barrel. Most desirable for collectors.

Adam4 and glockhoarder like this.
  11. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

Ahhh, thanks!

glockhoarder likes this.
  12. Marcus99

Marcus99

Correct the very early trigger bars as found in the pencil barrels are extremely rare. I would go almost so far as to say that they don’t exist outside originally configured pencil barrels themselves. I got beyond lucky finding mine, but I never saw one for sale before or since.

Such an endeavor wouldn’t dissuade me from buying another upgraded pencil barrel, but it absolutely would be a consideration in terms of price. Could I find the correct trigger bar even with years of patience? Quite possibly not.

Adam4 and premiertactical like this.
  13. premiertactical

premiertactical

At least 12 Pencil Barrels have traded hands in the last couple years. Certainly there have been more through private sales.
    Over 70 standard 17 Gen 1s have been sold.

Obviously a complete and original one will be worth the most.
    Just looking at those numbers I suggest that any Pencil Barrel around $2000. should be a solid investment going forward. Any PB. After all just being a PB is the main attraction.
    I am very surprised at how many of these are going into a collection or not being flipped at least on GB.
    Maybe we have been spoiled lately with so many opportunities on some very nice early guns.

It would have to be a very unique circumstance for me to buy a upgraded Glock and spend over a thousand. Words I may well eat in a few years..........Hopefully.

Adam4 likes this.
  14. Marcus99

Marcus99

There are aspects of finishing a restoration on a Glock that for the most part are fun - finding a weekend sight, early extractor, black pre-upgrade bar etc. Those aspects are fun because while the parts needed aren’t common, they aren’t super rare either, and with diligence, luck and $$$ can be procured.

The earliest trigger bars are exceedingly rare. I imagine one could spend years hunting and still not find one. By my estimate no more than 10,000 entered the U.S. installed in guns.

Adam4 and premiertactical like this.
  15. Adam4

Adam4

16. Adam4

Adam4

I had never removed the slide from this gun until reading this thread. Is this the early, rare trigger bar you reference? All the internal parts look black to me. Can someone confirm that these are 100% original to this PB?

17. Adam4

Adam4

I just got my answer from PT on another thread.

premiertactical likes this.
  18. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

Trigger bar is spot on, need to gut the slide to verify the rest. Good thing is those parts are MUCH easier to find.