Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to ask a serious question no matter how it appears. First a bit of background. I have carried concealed for many years, for the last 15 years it has been with a Milt Sparks VM2. A few months ago decided to carry with a weapon light attached and that ruled out the VM2. All these YouTube videos and forum posts praising AWIB carry, so I jumped in. Tried 2 Tenicor holsters and just couldn't get comfortable with them. Don't know why but tried a Werkz M6 and I'll be darned but it worked. Then got braver and ordered their matching radius mag carrier and attached them together. Still comfortable, things were seemingly going well. UNTIL (and thank goodness I was at home) I had to make an emergency dash to the toilet. All of a sudden I was in deep crap, could not get things undone. How the heck do you do this in a hurry? Probably need more repetitions in the restroom than practice drawing the weapon. Easiest solution is probably just not attaching the holster and mag carrier together. Any other suggestions?
Joint Shoulder Leg Eyewear Textile

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You’re chittin me lol! Sorry, I had to!

Back to your question, I can’t see how your belt fastens. Is it like a western belt: has a hook that feeds through on the back side of it? This is coming from a guy who doesn’t CC but is very interested in the appendix location carry option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a galco gun belt that I have buckled on the side for 2 reasons. So the buckle fits between the two hooks and so the mag carrier hook only has to go over one layer of leather.

·
NRA Life Member
73,661 Posts
What inspires people to carry a gun like this? After 35 years of shooting, law enforcement, etc., I still only see it on the internet and the occasional mall ninja weirdo wearing a plate carrier at the gun shop.

Are there just a lot of Cheddar Bob fans in the world of internet shooters?

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
Trying to ask a serious question no matter how it appears. First a bit of background. I have carried concealed for many years, for the last 15 years it has been with a Milt Sparks VM2. A few months ago decided to carry with a weapon light attached and that ruled out the VM2. All these YouTube videos and forum posts praising AWIB carry, so I jumped in. Tried 2 Tenicor holsters and just couldn't get comfortable with them. Don't know why but tried a Werkz M6 and I'll be darned but it worked. Then got braver and ordered their matching radius mag carrier and attached them together. Still comfortable, things were seemingly going well. UNTIL (and thank goodness I was at home) I had to make an emergency dash to the toilet. All of a sudden I was in deep crap, could not get things undone. How the heck do you do this in a hurry? Probably need more repetitions in the restroom than practice drawing the weapon. Easiest solution is probably just not attaching the holster and mag carrier together. Any other suggestions?
View attachment 1100919
That’s why you’re supposed to carry shears. Wasn’t that in the YouTube tutorial?

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
View attachment 1100919
But the only thing that really matters is “did you follow your DOAK” and “Beep-Beep” as you backed up to the toilet???

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
14,108 Posts
View attachment 1100919
Sorry...but I'm old school...that setup alone scares the "crap" outta me!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Pocket carry would have prevented this. I drop my drawers and the Keltec P32 barely makes a clunk when it hits the floor, even if the pants come done with some velocity.

·
Registered
745 Posts
What inspires people to carry a gun like this? After 35 years of shooting, law enforcement, etc., I still only see it on the internet and the occasional mall ninja weirdo wearing a plate carrier at the gun shop.

Are there just a lot of Cheddar Bob fans in the world of internet shooters?

If you don't see it in public after 35years of learning to spot concealed weapons I would say that reinforces one of it's touted benefits of being excellent for concealment. Although that doesn't surprise me considering how many law enforcement people have had zero clue I was carrying around them.

Aiwb with a plate carrier is pretty mall ninja though. If the gun sits high enough off the belt to get a good grip one will probably run into having to contort to maneuver the draw around the bottom of the plate.

·
Big Dummy
442 Posts
You should be able to undo the belt and pull enough slack to slip off the shorts while keeping the gun attached hanging between you shins. However I dislike the attached sidecar mag setup and only use separates, so that may be an added problem.
Ya, I was about to say, separate holster and mag carrier makes life a lot easier. The sidecar setup was too much like a peen guillotine for me. (Tried and discarded same due to comfort and weird issues.)

I've been using a Tenicor, but I modded it to have a little cushion at the bottom so it wouldn't dig into my thigh meat.

·
Florist
22,424 Posts
Not sure the mag straight up against my bellybutton will be comfortable. I too liked my holster and mag. carrier separated, one on each side of the waist.

Reactions: Makarovii
1 - 20 of 44 Posts