Airsoft vs Paintball: Which is Better?

Discussion in 'The Airgun and Paintball Club' started by Sky Pirate 7, Jun 30, 2005.

1. brock sampson

brock sampson

There's a lot more to it than just throwing paint, though I can see how it looks that way from the outside. I really love the intensity of serious tournament ball, nothing else comes close. The higher ROF just means that you have to work harder and be smarter. There's less room for error on the field. I still enjoy playing in the woods every now and then, it's just not the same rush and challenge I've grown used to. It really is two totally different games. I would have to agree that the woods is WAY more friendly, especially to someone new to the game like you said. Either way there is defnitely something addictive about it.

2. G31Steve

G31Steve LiveFreeOrDie

Well i used to play paintball but i quit for most of the reasons peopel mentioned,not realistic none wants to simulate real battle.I have an Airsoft gun i got but i dont know of anywhere around tampa to play.I mosty just shoot my roomies with it lol.

3. Mwildt

Mwildt

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there is no skill in big tournies. Your back players are there to lay frozen ropes in the lanes and provide your cover and call out positions. The front players are a breed in their own. I prefer to play mid to front, it's hard to do without skilled back players though. I'm out there to compete, however, I like to have fun at it. The tournies didn't provide me with the fun though. If you get shot on the break or the ref makes a bad call in a walk on game it's not that crucial, the next game will start in 15-20 minutes. Overall it's a friendlier environment that has less egos on the field at one time.

4. brock sampson

brock sampson

I totally agree with you there!

G31Steve: that's funny, I got an AS pistol because they're fun around the house and mostly because my wife got one! Gives a whole new meaning to "home defense".

5. SkaOG

SkaOG

Airsoft is cheaper and the guns look cooler

6. G26man

G26man OBEY ME!

You guys that say paintball isn't realistic need to go play some big simulation games in the woods. The kind that last all weekend or at least a whole day, and involve 100 or more players. Not only are there lots of tactics (platoon and squad level) involved, but the sound of the full auto A5s gives a little pucker factor you wouldn't get in airsoft IMO.

7. JByer323

JByer323 Guest

I played paintball for two years on an Amatuer B team until college made me too poor to continue.

If you are interested in tournies, paintball is the way to go. If you and your friends want to go out in the woods and have fun, then either will work just fine.