Airsoft, Reality based training? Anyone do this?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by alfred10, Feb 26, 2010.

1. alfred10

alfred10

I am interested in possibly getting into air soft or some type of reality type training. I have the trained people who want to teach me and the space to train. I was wondering who makes the best AK 47 and GLock 21 air soft or reality based weapons? What other systems are there? How accuret are air soft rifles and hand guns? What type of groups at what distance can I get? Do they come anywhere close to the real thing at 50 yards and under?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. PBCounty

PBCounty

I played with a Beretta 92 mock-up a while back. It was quite accurate in my opinion. We used it to illustrate the ability / inability to promptly and properly put two rounds into a knife equipped attacker. It was interesting.

3. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Not in any serious way. Just playing around the house.

4. SlowIsSmoothIsFast

SlowIsSmoothIsFast

I used to have 2 Systema PTWs (M4A1 MAXs). Fired a .2g at 550FPS or a .25 at 500FPS. I could hit a pop can every time at 20 yards. They were exact replicas unlike the typical AEG (TM, CA, G&P, w/e..) They stoped firing on an empty mag and you ha to hit the bolt release, they were exact demensions to the point where you could put a real AR upper on it and just do some filing inside to fit the cyclinder... The mags used real mag shells I believe, just with the internals changed out.

Didn't use them enough though, so sold them to buy a Sako A7 in 270WSM.

I think the TM AK-47 is a good gun. I don't know if they have Glock 21 sized Glocks, they might. KSC is good. The GBBs aren't as accurate or reliable as the AEGs. Especially my Systemas that I'm now missing, thanks for reminding me. :crying:

:supergrin:

5. 9L82

9L82 Caffeine Addled

We just started doing this last year. I was able to find exact replicas of our sidearm, shotgun and patrol rifles. Airsplat.com has a great selection.

6. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

I teach Force on Force using Airsoft.