close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Airsoft is now Legal!?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by PMMA97, Jul 25, 2006.

1. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I got this from filairsoft.com.

We are pleased to announce that as of 24 July 2006 the Chief PNP Gen. Oscar Calderon has signed the Memo approving our petition for classification of airsoft guns as air guns under current PNP Rules and Regulations dated 29 January 1992.

As of the signing of this Directive, airsoft is now legal in the Philippines.

"The IRR governing manufacture, sale, possession and carrying of air rifles/ pistols dated January 29, 1992, are hereby amended effective 21 July 2006 as indicated hereunder:

Additional paragarphs under Section 5 shall be added and shall read as follows:

a. x x x x
    b. x x x x
    c. The air rifle/ pistol shall be fired three (3) times at an ordinary plywood, one fourth (1/4) inch thick from a distance of ten (10) feet. If any of the fired pellets penetrate (passed through) the plywood, the air rifle/ pistol shall be classified as a firearm, otherwise, the air rifle/pistol shall be classified as a toy.

d. x x x x
    e. x x x x
    f. x x x x

g. Airsoft rifles/ pistols shall be classified as airguns whether its design is similar as that of a real gun or not. All rules and regulations pertaining to airguns shall apply to airsoft guns except paragraph c above.

Considering further that a clerical error was noted in said IRR wherein section 7 was ommitted, additional section shall be added and shall read as follows:

1. x x x
    2. x x x
    3. x x x
    4. x x x
    5. x x x
    6. x x x
    7. Administrative Sanctions- Any violation of the above provisions shall mean cancellation of the Certificate of Registration issued by FED and confiscation of the item(s) whether airgun, airsoft, or toygun, without prejudice to the filing of civil/criminal chages as evidence warrants."

(Signed)
    OSCAR C. CALDERON
    Police Director General
    Chief, PNP.

Notes:

1. The foregoing memo effectively approved our petition to the PNP requesting for re-classification of airsoft guns as airguns under current PNP Rules and Regulations regarding airguns.

As of this date, due to the re-classification of airsoft guns as airguns, no person can now be charged for illegal possession of firearms if caught with an airsoft gun, whether registered or not. However, if any player is henceforth caught with his/her airsoft gun, he/she may already invoke this memo for his/her benefit.

2. DO NOT BRING YOUR GUNS YET TO THE PNP FOR REGISTRATION. The implementing Rules and Regulations have to be finalized yet. Salient features of the IRR are:

a. registration fee of P200 per gun, one time fee.
    b. serial numbering
    c. penetration test.
    b. Licensing of sellers.

The IRR is not yet final, however those are the general requirements for registration of airguns under the current airgun Rules and Regulations. Our main concern is that we are still discussing and lobbying for open, unregulated selling, but this is an uphill battle.

2. royal glockster

royal glockster

very good!! but i suppose it is still prohibited to display it in public view. Nakakatakot kasi i-display ang ak-47 airsoft ko. Looks like "real steel". :supergrin:

3. atmarcella

atmarcella

can an airsoft gun kill lizards???

4. theTactician

theTactician

its a good thing that they legalized it. but for us airsoft fanatics, i think it has repercussions. well, for one thing, we can no longer make any modifications on our airsoft guns like for instance improve the gun's firepower to say...400-500 fps. may limits na eh. you cant use airsoft guns that can penetrate wood.
    in the old days, palakasan talaga ng airsoft guns. specially the sadistic players who love to hurt other players, well there are some that i know of. but its part of the fun. i personally, have been hit several times and i ended up having a lot of bruises and minor wounds which is really part of the fun of playing airsoft. so far, wala pa namang grabeng injuries like for instance corneal lacerations, wala pa namang nabubulag coz of the good goggles we're using, wala pa namang player who have undergone suture-repair of a laceration, wala pa namang ganon. luckily i have a tactical vest and good oakley goggles though. :> Using such a powerful gun makes the game a lot easier kasi once the opponent gets hit, sa sobrang lakas nung tumama sa kanya, eh talagang aamin siya. some players dont play clean kasi, kahit tinamaan mo na, di pa aamin, not unless you spray him with a lot of pellets.
    its a fun sport but limiting our right to modify our guns makes it a little bit no longer as enjoyable as it used to be.

5. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

how much po ba ang airsoft fa? ano brand maganda? san meron dito sa pinas?

6. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

i used to have an AK-47 souped up to reach 500+fps it breaks thick glass gatorade bottles at 3meters.

i saw an irresponsible dude shoot a bird "maya" resting on the post. when it hit the ground i did not see the head.

when you get hit from 5meters in the body or arms the 6mm plastic BBs will leave a hematoma the size of your palm for a couple of weeks. that's why players wear thick vests.

but still its a different "high" coz your targets are not stationary and can shoot back making the game more challenging.

7. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

8. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

If the report is true, then Airsoft is thereby made legal:

The law against realistic-looking toy guns, PLOI 1264 (31 July 1982)
    is still in effect, but is precisely set against TOYS, neh?
    What the wily PNP has done is to have airsoft classified as FIREARMS,
    after allowing the population of airsoft units to grow to a more
    profitable mass and density, for registration and licensing revenue.

Air guns are legally firearms, under Section 877 of the
    Revised Administrative Code; addressed by E.O. 712 (28 July 1981),
    and subject to registration and licensing under PNP-FED guidleines
    (1991-1992).

I think FED will come out with a schedule of fees and penalties
    to cover airsoft especially, otherwise, the existing air-gun sched
    of fees and penalties will apply.

So... just how many airsoft firearms are out there, unregistered
    and unlicensed? The owners can't plead poverty, and may be presumed
    to have the money for the fees PNP has in mind...

:freak:
    Have a nice day.:

9. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

I have an armscor .22 air rifle for the past 7 years. Wala pa yung mga registration thingie nung time na binili ko. Does this mean kailangan ko pa dalhin sa FED to?

Cguro i'll just get rid of it nalang or let it rot sa closet ko... and get myself a walther g22 :)

10. atmarcella

atmarcella

how much is the cheapest airsoft???

11. theTactician

theTactician

cheapest is around 10k, mga mp5's po yata yon. but if you want sir na cheaper, mga pistols but then, you cant use them that much sa game coz most use assault rifles.
    suggest you get a steyr aug which costs around 12-13k. im not sure about the prices though at present coz its been 2 years since i last played in airsoft.
    its a fun sport, tyak na enjoy.

12. jimbullet

jimbullet

I believe the P10k are those Marui brands (japan made). These are shall we call the best. Sort of the STI guns. But there are those made in China now that fetch around P4k to P6k I believe. Im not too sure how they plan to place a serial number on this things coz from what I know, there arent any. Unless they plan to use stickers, which you can pull out and tag unto another airsoft.

13. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jimbullet,

PNP FED policy on unmarked receivers is to ENGRAVE
    newly-assigned numbers onto them.

Ack.
    This tickles me in the wrong way. I'm not an airsofter, but
    ya gotta feel for that crowd. Say they bring their guns to FED
    for registration/testing:

If their airsoft guns DON'T generate the fps to penetrate 1/4" ply,
    then they are in possession of gun replica TOYS, and can be
    eventually harrassed for 'violation' of PLOI 1264, especially since
    they just had their names/addresses entered into a database to have
    their airsoft guns tested.
    :freak:

Now, if their airsoft guns DO generate the fps to penetrate 1/4" ply,
    then they are in possession of a firearm, albeit a subclass known
    as 'airguns' and it's not just a matter of registration and licensing...

To use these 'airguns' in play, are airsofters eventually going to
    be required to get transport permits, etc... same as owners of
    centerfire and rimfire owners who wish to take their guns outside their residences?

The IRR is being formulated 'fees first', safety later.
    If these are airguns, then will their use be restricted to 'airsoft ranges',
    which again would have to be certified and licensed for operation?
    baka hindi na puede ang 'castle' and vacant lots just anywhere.
    Malawak na bagay ang covered by this move to sidestep PLOI 1264.

Hilaw na hilaw pa, they announced it right away.
    Sana pinag-isipan muna ng PNP-FED and the airsoft crowd ang legalities.
    Then again, if Pinoy airsofters took the country's laws seriously,
    would they even BE in airsoft? Hehehe
    :)

I hope the IRR will make more sense than the junkyard deformity
    of an IRR that cartridge firearm owners have to deal with.

h.

14. vega

vega

I think airgun is different from airsoft. Your rifle can reach a velocity of 1200 fps. When I was still back there (2002) one time registration for airgun was already implemented. I believe it was 200 petot at that time.

You don't need to bring it to FED, just get the form and stencil the serial number on the form.

15. Allegra

Allegra

Palm sized hematoma!! nekow!
    Hindi pwede sa pikon ang laro na yan

16. atmarcella

atmarcella

i just plan to shoot lizards w/ it....wala ba 1000 petot lang??? that can kill lizards ha!:supergrin:

17. jimbullet

jimbullet

I think you can still get an airsoft pistol at 900 but its a single shot thing that you need to rack its slide over and over again. Not sure of the velocity.

Vega, an airgun with a 1200 fps is kinda high. Thats already like a 22LR. Had chrono two airguns before, the armscor airgun which produced 350fps and the JBC that produced 800 fps.

I agree Isuzu, this opens airsofters to harrassment. I too used to have joined their ranks.

18. atmarcella

atmarcella

sir,
    last hirit...san kaya ako makabili ng ganitong airsoft???

19. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Sir, yung P1000 na airsoft, yun yata yung mga nakikita ko nakakalat sa mga chipipay na malls. may augs, mp5s,m4 etc...complete pa wid cheap laser sights and other accessories. ok pang display sa bahay and pang lizard-plinking

May nakita ako mga mamahalin na airsoft sa aquila firearms in harrison plaza. they sell airsoft aside from the usual real firearms.

20. Poodle

Poodle

350 fps lang ba ang armscor airgun? Meron ako nun saka Classic Army na automatic electric gun (airsoft) style M4A1. Nag-chrono ng 420 fps. Bumabasag ng gatorade at 7 meters. Mas mataas pa airsoft sa airgun? Kawawa naman pala yung tinamaan ko nun ... Buhay pa naman eh. Mas malakas pa nga yung airsoft guns nung mga kakilala ko na sniper.